| Job Description: ||
The Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) affiliate of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce. Minnesota Waste Wise promotes sustainable business practices to help businesses save money through waste reduction, resource conservation and energy efficiency. Through our programs and consulting services, Minnesota Waste Wise provides leadership to assist businesses with environmental sustainability programs and initiatives.
The Service Specialist is responsible for a broad range of program activities including business recruitment, technical assistance, on-site waste and energy consultations, and service follow-up.
Specific duties include:
1. Engage the Minnesota business community through in person and other direct contact networking.
2. Schedule site visits for the Waste Wise and Energy Smart programs.
3. Effectively communicate sustainability, energy efficiency and conservation opportunities.
4. Know and effectively communicate the details and application of commercial electric and natural gas utility programs.
5. Perform on-site consultations to identify and encourage implementation of sustainability, energy efficiency and conservation opportunities.
6. Conduct ongoing follow-up in order to drive businesses to complete sustainability projects and energy efficiency upgrades.
7. Maintain accurate records of business participation and promptly update database with program results.
8. Conduct sustainability and energy efficiency research as needed.
9. Work with Executive Director to develop cost benefit analysis metrics for program services.
10. Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Minnesota Waste Wise Program Managers and Executive Director.
1. 2 – 5 years recent experience in business environmental sustainability consulting and business development.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of commercial and industrial energy efficiency opportunities and a strong aptitude for energy efficiency technical information.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of business environmental sustainability issues.
4. Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with employees, owners of small to large businesses, utility representatives and others.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Exceptionally strong costs benefit analysis, data management, research, organization skills.
7. Computer proficiency with emphasis on data management tools including Salesforce, Access and Excel.
8. Able to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously.
9. Able to think out of the box and create opportunities out of challenges.
10. Vehicle required for travel, will be reimbursed for mileage. Must pass motor vehicle records check.
This is a full-time temporary position through the end of 2013 but may be extended beyond this time. The position included benefits and involves travel within Minnesota. The position reports to the Executive Director.
This job opportunity is posted until filled.
Please e-mail (preferred) or mail resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Jill Curran, Minnesota Waste Wise Foundation Executive Director
400 North Robert Street, Suite 1500