| Job Description: ||
Fresh Energy is seeking an exceptional individual for a communications and design role in this dynamic nonprofit.
This is a part-time staff position: 20 to 25 hours per week, five days a week (ideal but flexible). Under the supervision of the communications specialist.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Graphic design: The communications associate will work with fundraising, communications, and policy staff to create eye-catching visual representations of complex ideas. This includes creating layouts for newsletters, emails, handouts, and brochures, and designing charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork for brochures, handouts, flyers, websites, email and print newsletters, direct mail, presentations, and social media.
- Communications support: The communications associate will also assist the communications specialist with editing web and print content, maintaining websites, and updating social media.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or two years proven experience designing online and print graphics
- High-level Adobe user (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Experience with PowerPoint and Dreamweaver
- Ability to brainstorm ideas and concepts for new design projects within the context of an overall branding, communications, and marketing strategy
- Ability to work well in teams and help staff determine the best way to present information
- Adaptable and able to quickly learn new programs and skills
- Experience consulting with printers over paper and binding options, costs, timelines, proofs preferred
- Experience designing graphics for use on websites with complimentary graphics that work well in print preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while juggling several projects at once
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Flexibility and able to adjust to a varying and fast-paced work flow
- Comfort with tight deadlines
- Ability to respond effectively to a diverse group of internal customers and willingness to accept thoughtful criticism
- Experience with WordPress and web design is a plus
- Interest in and experience with social media is a plus
Email a cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, one writing sample, and two design examples (or a link to your online portfolio) to Jenna Hartwig Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your e-mail should read “Communications Associate.”
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls, please.