| Job Description: ||
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets at every stage, from the initial conceptualization and financial feasibility study to project completion and beyond. Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 12,000 employees operating out of more than 200 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally. Responsibilities:
Stantec is One Team providing Integrated Solutions.
Stantec is seeking a GIS Manager to provide leadership, vision and business development for the GIS efforts in our Columbus, Ohio office. The candidate must be a self-motivated, organized, team oriented professional who can demonstrate resourcefulness, take initiative, is detail oriented and possesses quality team building skills.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with other Managers to help implement GIS into our other business areas;
- Lead business development and marketing by building new and existing client relationships. This will include out of town trips and attendance at conferences and trade shows;
- Meet with potential clients, discuss their needs, and determine how GIS services can meet these needs;
- Lead proposal development, including scope, budget, schedule, contract negotiations and managing client relations to ensure complete satisfaction; and
- Write proposals that accurately define the project scope, budget, deliverables, and schedule.
- Manage each assigned project. Stay informed throughout the project through meetings with staff, clients, review of project account summaries, and so on;
- For each assigned project, monitor the budget and watch the schedule. Appropriately address problems, such as being over budget, behind schedule, or out-of-scope;
- Create project documentation such as status reports, deliverables, project summaries for marketing, and all applicable forms and reports as required; and
- Work with project administrators to invoice clients on time and ensure prompt payment to Stantec for services rendered.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for the office GIS staff;
- Make appropriate staff assignments, meet with staff on a frequent basis and provide guidance as required;
- Maintain GIS staff utilization. Monitor time records to ensure that staff is charging time to correct projects and tasks. Question overhead charges that appear inappropriate;
- Be actively involved in recruiting activities. This includes projections when additional staff is needed, and procuring and reviewing resumes; and
- Be actively involved in the evaluations and training of staff. Let the staff know when they are doing a good job and also when their performance is not satisfactory. This should be done throughout the year, not just when evaluations are prepared. Make recommendations for employee training and carry out the yearly CDPR process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Cartography, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, or related Field.
- 10+ years of GIS experience including business development, project management, and experience with budgets and schedules
- Demonstrated success with leading and coordinating a GIS program
- Experience with ESRI’s suite of GIS products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business development skills and experience is a plus