Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
North Cascades Institute. |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Experience Required:||4-5 years|
|State/Province:||WA - Washington|
The Director of Resource Development leads all development activities to build support for North Cascades Institute’s mission and programs including prospecting, stewarding and cultivating individual, corporate and foundation gifts; planned giving; annual fund coordination; marketing and communications efforts; and outreach. The Director of Resource Development works closely with the Executive Director, Leadership Team and the Board of Directors to achieve the mission and vision of the organization. The Director of Resource Development supervises the Grants Coordinator, Development Assistant, Communications Coordinator, Marketing and Design Coordinator, and Program Outreach Coordinator.
Develop and implement a comprehensive development program that provides leadership to board, staff and volunteers in order to secure sustained support from foundation, corporate, government and individual donor sources. Oversee communications and marketing program to achieve strategic goals.
- Establish fundraising goals, objectives and strategies, in consultation with executive director, development team and board; participate in assessing progress toward goals; prepare annual operating plan; and submit regular reports to executive director
- Collaborate with executive director, board members, and staff to develop and implement a strategic and comprehensive fundraising program that achieves the Institute’s mission and budget goals
- Lead prospect research efforts and support staff and board in pursuing potential sources of funding from individuals, government, public agencies, private foundations, and corporations and businesses to support the Institute’s budget
- Provide tools and leadership for staff, board members and volunteers in order to engage a broad diversity of individuals in the Institute’s development program
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with partner agencies and stakeholders
- Coordinate and produce fundraising events and activities
- Leverage Salesforce to track and manage the Institute’s portfolio of donor relationships
Marketing and Communications
- Direct the marketing and communications efforts of the Institute
- Supervise Communications Coordinator and Marketing and Design Coordinator and participate in development of retail adult programs that engage the public and generate income for the Institute
- Design and implement engaging community events that will inspire individuals to support the Institute’s mission and vision
- Oversee media relations programs carried out by Communications Coordinator
- Manage the Institute’s web site and any social media sites
- Oversee the production of promotional videos
- Report to the board of directors on outreach numbers
- Provide support to Program Outreach Coordinator in recruiting schools to attend Mountain School, students to attend the graduate program and groups to rent the Learning Center facilities
- Provide support and guidance to Program Outreach Coordinator to determine appropriate outreach opportunities within the region
- Generate fundraising reports for staff leadership and board. Track and monitor fundraising progress in accordance with Strategic plan
- Develop and manage annual income/expense budgets; approve all departmental expenditures
- Serve as member of the Leadership Team; collaborate with directors to achieve Institute goals
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Disclaimer: This job announcement is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
- Minimum 5 years of development and fundraising experience including individual, corporate and foundation donor relations
- Experience working with a nonprofit board of directors to achieve fundraising revenue goals
- Strong budgeting, planning, communication and project management skills
- Degree in communications, public relations or related field
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- The ability to write persuasive, concise content quickly
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
- Have a collegial, collaborative style, motivating his/her team and staff to focus on results
- Established track record supervising and developing others and a solid understanding of leadership development practices
- Passion for the Institute’s mission to conserve and restore Northwest environments through education
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record for the past three years
- Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that may include employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, a credit check
- Knowledge/proficiency with MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge/proficiency with Salesforce CRM
- Comfortable giving public presentations
- Familiar with Pacific Northwest philanthropy trends
Compensation: This is a full-time, regular, exempt position. We offer a competitive compensation package; benefits include paid time off, medical/dental insurance, long- and short-term disability insurance, tax-defined annuity and contribution retirement plan, and a yearly stipend to participate in Institute programs.
Application deadline: This position is open until filled.
To Apply: Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a letter of interest, resume, two writing samples and names of three references with current contact information to:
North Cascades Institute
Resource Development Director Search
810 State Route 20
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
Equal Opportunity Employer: Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a high priority at North Cascades Institute. The Institute does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, marital status, age (over 40), veteran status, physical or mental disability, ex-offender status or any other basis prohibited by law in any of its policies or programs.
North Cascades Institute: Our mission is to conserve and restore Northwest environments through education. Since 1986 we have helped connect people, nature and community through science, art, literature and the hands-on study of natural and cultural history. Our goal is to help people of all ages experience and enjoy the mountains, rivers, forests, people and wildlife of the Pacific Northwest – so all will care for and protect this special place.
North Cascades Institute is committed to innovation and excellence in environmental learning and leadership in the nonprofit community. We believe that sustainable communities are built on healthy environments, vibrant economies and social equity.