Show me jobs like this one
|Experience Required:||2-3 years|
|State/Province:||AB - Alberta|
Every power project is a community project—whether it’s a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Distribution Technologist/Designer is responsible for providing cost estimates and designs for a diverse range of underground and overhead electrical distribution projects. You will deal directly with clients to establish service requirements and provide solid design solutions and alternatives that meet client needs. You will ensure that facilities are designed in a safe, cost-effective and timely manner and meet all applicable codes, standards and regulations. You will work with other teams to ensure that project related activities are effectively coordinated and executed.
• Manage external client relationships through effective and timely communication
• Monitor project progress and take action to meet client requirements
• Coordinate the installation and commissioning of distribution equipment
• Stake and line locate new services, as required.
Education and Experience:
• Must possess and maintain a valid Alberta Motor Vehicle driver’s license in good standing.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Adaptability – ability to change and be flexible within a changing environment.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a top 10 global design firm should please apply online at stantec.com/careers.