| Job Description: ||
Reports to: Executive Director
Join an established environmental non-profit organization and help contribute to solving climate change, one of the most complex and challenging issues of our generation.
The Climate Trust is seeking an experienced office manager capable of handling a variety of responsibilities. This position is directly responsible for overseeing office operations, including human resources management, policy and procedure development, implementation and maintenance, and contract coordination and support. These responsibilities include administrative support to the Executive Director, benefits management and administration of existing human resources policies, and ensuring the coordination and delivery of reporting and administrative requirements for various Climate Trust initiatives. This position will provide assistance to all staff for a variety of activities, liaise with the IT support provider and building management, manage vendors, and deal with other aspects of day-to-day office management.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
• Office management and administrative support to staff
• Manage the organization’s human resources policy
• Manage vendor relations including with the IT and building manager
• Provide SalesForce administration for organization including managing contacts, records, reports and lists, as well as researching business leads for prospective donors and clients
• Facilitate and manage staff and Board meetings, record minutes, and maintain staff calendar
• Manage existing employee benefits, facilitate the appraisal process and development of annual work plans with staff
• Support the Executive Director and staff on meeting scheduling, travel and event arrangements
• Schedule quarterly Board of Directors meetings and coordinate follow-up action items communications
• Support Revenue Development and Programs staff on contract and relationship management activities
• Implement team development programs working with the Executive Director
• Maintain office supplies, equipment, and furniture and perform reception duties
• Support the complete hiring process and manage other general inquiries
• A minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibilities in office and benefits management
• Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
• Well organized and demonstrated ability to establish process flows and serve as a point person to ensure the organization’s contractual and grant agreement administrative and reporting requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner
• Proven customer service skills and techniques particularly with vendor management
• Natural proficiency for managing multiple priorities and paying attention to details
• Adaptable team player
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Proficiency in SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat
Personal Attributes and The Climate Trust Principles
• Client service orientation with a special attention to detail
• Self motivated and organized with the ability to work under multiple deadlines
• High degree of integrity particularly in managing confidential information
• Teamwork orientation and positive outlook that encourages optimism
• Passion for helping solve environmental issues
The Climate Trust Mission and Principles
The Climate Trust’s mission is to provide expertise, financing, and inspiration to accelerate innovative climate solutions that endure.
• Collective action. We develop productive partnerships with public, private, and nonprofit organizations, and their stakeholders, that serve as models of collective action.
• Integrity. We uphold the highest level of integrity in our work, business transactions and partnerships.
• Innovation. We continually strive to find, develop, and promote new services, technologies, and processes, and so we manage and tolerate higher levels of risk as a result.
• Service. We are passionate about providing excellent service to our partners, our communities, and our planet that result in meaningful, quantifiable, and enduring impacts.
• Stewardship. We are responsible stewards of precious global resources—natural, financial, and human—for the benefit of current and future generations.
• Sustainability. We promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability, beginning with our own actions.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Climate Trust offers a highly competitive benefits package, including a medical, dental and vision plan; three weeks of vacation; flexible work hours; a 401K plan; and a bus/bike incentive program to encourage sustainable lifestyles.
How to Apply
Please include a resume and cover letter as a separate attachment in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Office and HR Manager” in the subject line. You may also mail your application materials to:
The Climate Trust
65 SW Yamhill Street, Suite 400
Portland, OR 97204
ATTN: Office and HR Manager search
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No phone calls please. The Climate Trust is an equal opportunity employer