| Job Description: ||
Our Oil & Gas group provides client-focused solutions in planning, implementing, and maintaining plants and facilities within the heavy industrial market. We specialize in sophisticated process engineering and simulation, materials handling, electrical and instrumentation, rotating equipment, equipment specification, controls and automation, finite element and stress analyses for piping and structural systems, HAZOPs, and risk review of plant designs. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including petroleum refineries, upgraders, oil sands, mining, pipeline, forestry, or upstream oil and gas facilities. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are. Responsibilities:
- Uses computer-aided design equipment to prepare routine layouts and detail drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Supports lead mappers, mapping design specialists, engineers and project managers through a variety of tasks including proposal drawings, red marks, and sketches.
- Uses engineering information such as excel tables, etc. to add information to drawings.
- Works with information provided with minimal supervisory direction.
- Maintains master property and easement files.
- Updates and maintains deliverable drawings.
- Creates drawing deliverables and is experienced in all areas of preliminary and construction property plats, property sketches, alignment sheets, permit drawings, site-specific drawings, hydro static drawings, client-requested route-specific exhibits, and typicals for construction methods.
- Follows standard policies and procedures.
- Follows QA/QC procedures to meet client’s expectations on deliverables.
- Responsible for monitoring quality of output of mappers.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- A high school degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Prefer associates degree or equivalent experience and 3 years of related experience.
- Training in computer programs such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, BlueSky and Microsoft Office.
- Certification in use of AutoCAD or be currently enrolled in an accredited Certification program.
- Possesses basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD 2000i and above.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Drafting skills and attention to detail along with conceptual skills.
- Should be fast, accurate, consistent, and self-motivated toward steady production throughout the life of a project.
- Ability to generate error free work product.
This position may require light travel and periodic visits to job sites.
Please visit www/stantec.com/careers to apply.