| Job Description: ||
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we’re equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Stantec's Los Angeles office has an opening for (2) temporary Contract Administrators. Responsibilities:
- Summarizes technical specifications for Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Bids (RFBs); performs cost/price analyses on contractor proposals and bids .
- Plans procurement processes and assists user departments with setting schedules.
- Schedules advertising and announcement of RFBs and RFPs .
- Holds pre-bid meetings to answer questions.
- Leads proposal and bid evaluation teams and evaluates proposals and bids including cost/price analysis.
- Negotiates contract costs, terms, and conditions with multiple vendors.
- Prepares award recommendations for management.
- Prepares reports and correspondence including price reasonableness reports.
- Attends various meetings, including pre-bid and post-bid debriefings.
- Monitors contract compliance and negotiates amendments or change orders; establishes pricing/negotiation strategies.
- Analyzes cost elements in contractor proposals, bids, amendments or change orders.
- Determines market effect on pricing.
- Resolves problems and disagreements between contractors and user departments.
- Reviews and approves contractor invoices.
- Assists new vendors with requirements of the procurement process.
- Conducts closeout actions upon contract completion such as final audit, payment, etc.
- Maintains, supports, and promotes a safe work environment while complying with all of Metro’s safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- The potential candidate would ideally have experience in public works construction (design-build and/or design-bid-build), preparing solicitation documents, evaluating bids/proposals, cost analysis and other analytical skills, some knowledge of public law and post award administration.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- Theories, principles, and practices of contract administration for public agencies
- Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, regulations governing public procurement and contract administration processes
- Statistical and cost/price analysis
- Perform contract administration work
- Interview and evaluate contract proposal respondents
- Perform cost/price analysis
- Mediate and negotiate
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Represent Metro before the public
- Prepare reports, contracts, specifications, correspondence, RFPs and RFBs
- Analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- Compile and analyze complex data
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budgets
- Interact professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
- Travel to offsite locations within a reasonable timeframe
- Bachelor's degree - Business, Public Administration, or other related field.
- 3 years' experience performing complex professional or heavy construction contract administration work; work in cost/price analysis required for some assignments.
- Valid California Class C driver license.
*The duration of this job is 6-12months and will be located in downtown Los Angeles on a client site.