| Job Description: ||
The Program Officer (CSC PO) will split his/her time between two main task areas:
- Support Bangladesh Country Program (50%)
- Support the development and implementation of climate programs. (50%)
The Program Officer is located in Montpelier, VT. Some travel may be required.
ISC is an innovative, international development organization that has successfully worked for over 21 years to give citizens and the organizations that support them the tools, skills, and resources they need to improve lives and build a more peaceful, stable world. Our current areas of programmatic growth include strengthening democratic institutions and citizenship in transition countries; helping communities in the U.S. and Asia become more resource efficient and transition to low-carbon economy; and supporting sustainable community development – particularly in areas recovering from natural disasters or that are vulnerable to climate disruption. Founded by Madeleine M. Kunin in 1991, ISC is based in Vermont, a state that values grassroots democracy and environmental stewardship. ISC has an office in Washington, DC, and international offices in China and Serbia.
Country Program Support
The Program Officer will act as the main contact point at the ISC headquarters for the ISC Bangladesh country program. Key duties include:
- Act as main liaison between ISC Bangladesh staff and ISC Vermont staff. Transmit and direct requests related to administration, human resources, finance, etc. and ensure that these tasks/requests are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that all administrative processes (travel requests, visa processing, trip planning, donor and consultant contracts, etc) are completed professionally and in a timely manner.
- Support the preparation of all narrative donor reports.
- Track project implementation and be aware of key project activities, milestones, key indicators.
- Prepare briefing reports, brochures, and other communication materials on ISC Bangladesh projects.
- Visit country program at least once a year.
- Assist with the development and tracking of project budgets
Climate Program Support
The Program Officer will support the development and implementation of international climate programming which may include the design, planning and execution of climate leadership academies (CLAs) and other capacity and network building activities.
- Participate as a member of a program team in the development, implementation and support of ISC climate programs. Programs focus on climate action issues, urban development and ecosystem services.
- Research and prepare case studies and resource guides.
- Work collaboratively with partners in the development and delivery of peer to peer training opportunities in a workshop setting. Conduct phone call interviews with potential program participants.
- Carry out all logistical planning necessary to implement a large workshop type event in another country (participant travel, hotel planning, food, visas, venue setup and planning, agenda development, speaker logistics, etc.)
- Assist in the dissemination of program materials to participants
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications strategies and materials
- Provide administrative support to as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to proficiently manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic, personal integrity
- Ability to work effectively with diverse people from different communities and cultures
- Ability to work effectively both independently, and collaboratively as a positive and contributing team member
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing program priorities
- Ability to prioritize work assignments appropriately and manage pressure of conflicting demands
- Good skills in Microsoft Office suite, data processing, e-mail, internet browsers
- Bachelor’s degree in related area. Master’s in relevant field preferred.
- Technical expertise in urban development or climate issues preferred.
- International experience in urban development or climate programming preferred.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills.
- Two to five years of relevant professional experience.
- Commitment to the ISC mission and goals.
Please send your cover letter and resume with your last name, first initial and “Program Officer CSC” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are reviewed as received. No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
ISC is an equal opportunity employer.