| Job Description: ||
The Senior Manager of the IT Service Desk is a key position on the IT Service Management Team and reports directly to the Senior Director for IT Service Management. The Sr Service Desk Manager’s role is to oversee the Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. This position is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions. The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans. The Service Desk Manager will also contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary and in conjuction with the Regional Managers in our field offices to work closely with the locally country based IT support staff to provide enduser support to Global CI. In addition, this position will provide indirect supervision and coordination with the other IT Managers (Telephony and Incident Manager) on the tier 1 support/IT Service Management team. The Sr. Manager of IT Service Desk also serves on the IT Change Advisory Board (CAB) as the liaision for the IT Service Desk.
Position requires competency and the ability to enhance professional growth and development for the Service Desk team through continuing education and conferences and also performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service.
Other tasks include developing and reporting on key service-level metrics, average response time, mean time to close request tickets, resources required per ticket, call avoidance and end-user productivity as well as capturing troubleshooting tips, bug reports and general information generated in the ticket system or e-mails for the knowledge base.
- Performs User account Management on the Active Directory 2003/ 2008 windows platform. Monitors and control the end user account access levels to network resources within the organization.
- Manages the Directory in terms of employee on-boarding process through the lifecycle of assigning permissions, password resets and user account terminations. To also ensure that end user information and resource access are functioning efficiently and continuously within global CI
- Liaison between IT, HR and the Hiring managers for new employee access to emails and other pertinent network resources and to update all systems in a workflow process.
- Manages user and group accounts within the Google Apps for Domain Platform and to ensure that the information between AD and the Google Platform synched effectively.
- Responsible for the effective management of the Technical support team within CI and to ensure the consistency of Service Levels provided to the CI user community.
- Develop a performance measurements framework and facilitate feedback system to team members on issues such as customer service, communication, and technical skills, in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
- Manages the core activities of support services within the Service Desk and coordinate with the other support systems within the Headquarters and the field offices to develop an effective global support framework.
- Manages a team responsible for the day-to-day support service activities at the CI headquarters including but not limited to desktop & Hardware installations, Standard application installations and routine troubleshooting and also other special applications and services determined by the IT Service Management.
- Promote the activities of the Service Desk technicians specializing in areas of Audio Video conferencing, Web Conferencing and work with the Telephony Manager to develop standard support process for these platforms.
- Supervises the Mac support platform and work with the Service Desk team to develop and maintain the imaging process for both Windows and the Apple Platforms.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and at least four years of technical computer work experience is preferred. Or four to six years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an International NGO a Plus
- Experience in Managing a team of 4 IT service technicains
- Strong background or an in-depth knowledge of Windows and Apple Based applications.
- Experience with Windows networks and a strong fundamental understanding of network operations and Internet protocols and connectivity.
- Considerable knowledge of computer system diagnostic aids and tools and the ability to isolate and resolve hardware and software problems. Working knowledge of problem analysis, troubleshooting, and repair skills.
- ITIL v3 experience, especially in the incident and problem management process
- IT Service Management experience across the entire lifecycle – Strategy, Operations, and Continual Service Improvement
- Ability to solve complex problems and deliver results
- Ability to effectively communicate technical instructions to users with varying levels of computer skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and sound judgment. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage demanding workload. Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- ITILv3 Foundations certification
- In-depth knowledge about Polycom Infrastructure,
- Emails, Calendar & Groups Support with Google Apps for business platform.
- Support for the Apple Platform including MackBooks, IPads & IPhone
- Microsoft Certification