| Job Description: ||
Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks a Web manager/ developer in our Marketing and Communications Department based out of our Charlestown, NH or Washington, DC Office.
SCA’s web developer is responsible for the development, maintenance, and management of SCA’s internal and external websites. The web developer leads organization-wide efforts to advance SCA’s websites as vital, functional, effective and engaging tools for all users - internal and external. S/he is responsible for all aspects of SCA’s web sites and campaigns - from design to implementation to maintenance. This position is all about being creative and cutting-edge in how SCA uses its web presence to help the organization attract members, serve partners, drive giving, engage constituents and bring the national youth conservation movement/brand to life.
- Maintains daily oversight of SCA’s websites, responding to outages, the need for corrections, updates and fixes, and oversees timely security and enhancement updates
- Builds SCA’s current Drupal sites, including contests, blogs and campaign sites, to meet the organization’s needs as they pertain to corporate relations, online giving, recruitment, partner relations marketing and program objectives
- Creates, maintains and manages SCA’s CMS platform, currently in Drupal, and provides necessary training to support internal users for their content updates
- Manages the implementation, from strategy to design to execution, of website projects including upcoming redesign, in conjunction of Director of Online Communications
- Collaborates with program, IT and any outside consultants regarding integration of web and database functionality (currently between Drupal and Salesforce)
- Manages the integration of the Convio website or other web platforms into the SCA public site, both technically and strategically
- Provides training on a regular and as-needed basis for use of a variety of website technologies
- Oversees search engine optimization and Google Adwords accounts
- Engages in ongoing usability testing, both informally and more extensively as budget permits
- Ensures proper error handling and downtime protocols are in place for site traffic spikes and database connectivity issues. Requires 24-hour on-call response as needed.
- Identifies quality outside web resources/ consultants and manages those relationships
- Bachelor's degree in web technology or related field
- 1+ years experience with Drupal administration, development and custom theme building
- 3+ years experience in website production, administration and project management
- Standards compliant XHTML/CSS mastery
- Knowledge of inter-browser/cross-platform compatibility
- Excellent understanding and ability to implement web usability best practices
- PHP/MySQL experience
- Strong competence and experience with adobe Photoshop and web graphics
- Experience in video and DVD production
- Excellent web writing skills
- Dependable, flexible, and creative
- Ability to work well in a team environment, collaborates with others, and provide leadership
- Can sustain and complete a complex project with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills needed
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Health and Dental - Basic Life Insurance - Short Term Disability - Long Term Disability - Flexible Spending Account - 403(b) Savings Plan - Generous Paid Time Off - Community Service Leave - Casual Dress
Please send cover letter and resume to hiring@theSCA.org referencing Web Developer in the subject line
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org