| Job Description: ||
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Responsibilities:
- Must have experience working on railroad projects with fixed termination, auto-tensioned, single wire, and compound catenary designs for AC and DC systems.
- Must have experience performing pole and foundation loading calculations, catenary tension calculations, analysis of wire sag and rise conditions, preparation of catenary plan and profile diagrams, catenary support structural analysis including cantilevers, portals and headspans. Knowledge of catenary wire properties, insulators and miscellaneous hardware will be required.
- Will be required to prepare OCS design drawings, specifications, and construction cost estimates for traction electrification system operation in accordance with US railway and industry standards.
- Must be able to perform site investigations and walkdowns in substations and along railroad tracks.
- Must be ability to work on testing, commissioning, and system integration related services during construction activities.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other interfacing multi-disciplinary team members. Will participate in client meetings, review contractor submittals, and participate during presentations to clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical or equivalent from an accredited United States university. Master’s degree or greater desired.
- Proficiency with business software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio etc.)
- Proficiency with CAD software such as AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Strong written and verbal English skills. Samples of prior written work product required.
- Ability to present technical plans or speak on technical topics to project teams or other groups as required.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope and multiple technologies
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Texas Professional Engineer Registration preferred
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing electrical contact systems for use in light/highspeed rail transit applications
- Knowledge of computer-based catenary design and structural support design software is preferred.
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.