| Job Description: ||
Our Mining group works with some of the world’s largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine headframes and hoisting systems. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career. Responsibilities:
Stationed in our North Bay or Sudbury, Ontario office, with occasional travel to Mississauga and Saskatoon, you will assume the role of Mechanical Engineering Supervisor..
- Responsible for day to day planning, staffing, and execution of all projects assigned to the discipline
- Execute deliverables for material handling systems, pumping/piping systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, mine ventilation systems, Industrial HVAC systems, hoisting systems, and related mine infrastructure
- Coordinate project delivery by communicating with engineers, designers and contractors to ensure the design will be delivered according to quality, budget, and schedule
- Contribute to best practices by interfacing with engineers, designers and contractors and ensure design standards and procedures are compliant with health & safety standards.
- Regularly interface with other disciplines and departments to execute projects and other initiatives.
- Enable the company to remain innovative in the provision of projects involving mechanical engineering by keeping abreast of industry developments and exploring the utility of new approaches
- Comply with all of the company's corporate policies and procedures by adopting Quality Assurance and Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures and requirements.
- 15+ years of experience in heavy industry specific to mining
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and safety acts/regulations
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Exposure to computer aided drafting software such as ACAD is also preferred.
- You have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
- Professional engineer, eligible for licensure in Ontario.
- Previous experience in a consulting engineering firm is an asset.