| Job Description: ||
Plan. Design. Implement. Maintain. We help industrial communities master efficiency by improving operations through facility design. Using space more innovatively, reducing costs, and optimizing production flow are the cornerstones of our thinking. We work closely with our clients to ensure their operations are running safely and effectively. Join our integrated team of engineers, architects, and project managers as they exercise creativity and ingenuity to achieve long-term success. Responsibilities:
Stantec's Dartmouth, NS office is currently looking for an Intermediate Mechanical Technician/Technologists. The successful candidate(s) will become integral to our project team and bring with them the experience and ability to provide or assist with many of the following services:
- Buildings Related Mechanical Design – with a focus on a superior built environment and energy efficiency.
- Design of HVAC and plumbing systems for construction or renovation of commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Design process utility heating and cooling systems for manufacturing and industrial clients.
- Develop Energy Simulation Models – analysis of energy performance for new and existing buildings and industrial processes.
- Develop Construction Cost estimates based on mechanical systems design
- Perform Life Cycle Costing and Net Present Value assessments and determine cost savings / avoidance and payback periods.
- Client Relations and Business Development.
- Mentoring less experienced technical staff.
- Multidisciplinary team interaction and leadership.
- Preparation of professional reports and proposals.
- Project Management.
As a Professional Engineer or Technician /Technologist you will possess the following credentials and experience:
- Graduation as a Architectural Technician or Technologist.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a C.E.T. with a Canadian Professional Association or Certifying Body.
- 5 years of practical experience in a consulting or building construction environment with a specialization in building mechanical systems, building envelopes, and/or building energy efficiency.
- LEED® Accredited Professional status with the Canadian Green Building Council (or significant progress towards this accreditation).
- Key areas of experience will include most, if not all of, the following: HVAC and controls system design, building construction processes and cost estimating, contract administration, energy efficiency modeling and analysis, writing technical reports and plans, LEED® facilitation, and LEED® commissioning.
- An understanding of energy retrofit methods and government energy efficiency incentive programs is an asset.
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD is required. Experience using VisualDOE, EE4, eQuest, Can-Quest or other energy simulation tools would be an asset.