| Job Description: ||
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships. Responsibilities:
The position is generally responsible for quality of project and technical work performed by the Mechanical Engineering and Design disciplines located in Stantec’s Mining practice.
Positions Reporting to the Chief Mechanical Engineering Position:
- Senior Mechanical Engineers
- Intermediate Mechanical Engineers
- Junior Mechanical Engineers
- Manages the Tempe office mechanical department, ensuring staffing levels to reflect project and operations requirements.
- Leads specific projects as the lead Mechanical Engineer in conjunction with providing guidance to other engineers within the department.
- Implements technical standards and provides feedback to the Manager of Engineering.
- Quality Assurance of Mechanical Engineering and Design project deliverables generated.
- Preparation of project budgets and schedules in coordination with the multidiscipline groups.
- Ensures discipline standards are followed as established and maintained.
- Provides day-to-day coordination and allocation of engineering resources in consultation with the Manager of Engineering.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience: At least fifteen years of heavy industrial engineering experience preferably related to surface and underground mine infrastructure and associated surface systems including concentrators.
- Specialized knowledge, licenses, skills, etc.: Licensed Professional Engineer. Eligible for PE in Arizona. Must have excellent knowledge of ANSI, ASME, MSHA, and OSHA regulations and codes. Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities and possess above average written and oral communication skills.
- Programs – Excellent computer skills and proficiency including the use of Microsoft Office.
References - Must provide three references regarding technical ability and leadership ability.