| Job Description: ||
The Pinkham Manager oversees the visitor services, lodging and custodial housekeeping, and food service operations at the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center. This individual will be the daily "face and personality" of the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center and Joe Dodge Lodge, providing a constant public presence that ensure top quality service while fulfilling the needs of guests in this busy outdoor program center.
The Pinkham Manager supervises a staff of up to 35 employees including year staff employees, seasonal staff, interns, and AMC volunteers. This position requires management level experience in lodging operations, visitor services and food service. Computer expertise, attention to detail, superior oral and written communication skills, time management, interpersonal skills, long and short term planning skills, budgeting, diplomacy and flexibility are all important skills to be successful in this position. This is a full time, year round exempt salaried position with excellent benefits.
- The PNVC Manager will be responsible to provide direct leadership and support on weekends, holidays, and nights and during special events at the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center.
- Manage and supervise the Visitor Services staff and any volunteers as assigned to the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center, with overall responsibility for guest and staff lodging operations.
- Responsible for the seasonal visitor shuttle services
- Manage and supervise the Housekeeping and Custodian staff, assuring high standards of cleanliness and customer service.
- Manage and supervise the Food Service staff, with overall responsibility for the quality of food service.
- Act as the dining room host on weekends, holidays and other featured nights to ensure quality service for all guests.
- Responsible for the management of the Pinkham Notch operations annual budget
- Responsible to coordinate with the Naturalist Guides Supervisor on all programs, events and activities at Pinkham Notch
- Will be responsible to be involved with the AMC Marketing Department in the creation and implementation of promotions, special rates and featured activities at Pinkham Notch.
- Coordinate with the AMC maintenance and construction staff all daily and annual maintenance and capital projects at Pinkham Notch
- Coordinate with the Retail Manager on the appearance of the store, stocking, seasonal changes, retail displays, merchandising, ticketing, retail trainings, and general upkeep of the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center Store
- Responsible for the managing of all money handling points of contact at the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center. Work with the North Country Business office to resolve concerns and follow procedures.
- Promote AMC membership to all guests and day visitors.
- Promote the AMC mission through lobby displays, handouts, programs, and interaction with guests.
- Maintain a consistent “manager on duty” program for days and evening when not available.
- Coordinate and lead Pinkham Notch Visitor Center manager and staff meetings.
- Respond to any guest concerns, complaints, or comments in a friendly and professional manner.
- Communicate changes in policies, rates, and accounting errors to the business manager as they arise.
- Perform all other duties within the AMC as assigned.
- At least 5 years of work experience in lodging operations and/or hospitality experience is required.
- A B.A/B.S. in an appropriate field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Practical and academic background in computers is required.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to lead and inspire quality service.
- Ability to travel to all AMC destinations.
- Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- A minimum of 4 years successful experience supervising a staff of 10 or more required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people of different backgrounds strongly preferred.
- Ability to assist with the coordination and delivery of adventure programs.
- Certified in WFA and CPR or ability to obtain certification.
- Knowledge of the White Mountain National Forest and surrounding area is strongly preferred.
- Physical Abilities required: work is performed in a standard office setting: must be able to walk, stand, sit and operate office equipment. Must be able to lift 25 pounds from floor to waist height.
- The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal record check performed on their name.
Please send a letter of intent, resume and salary requirements: Vincent C. Spiotti, Director of Lodging Operations, AMC PNVC, PO Box 298 Gorham, NH 03581
Benefits of Working With the AMC
The AMC offers a great benefits package! Here is a partial list that highlights some benefits offered for our regular full-time employees. Benefits may vary based on position.
- Group Health Plan, 75 percent employer paid.
- Group Life Insurance, 100 percent employer paid
- Long-Term Disability Insurance, 100 percent employer paid
- Vacation, three weeks accrued each year
- Holidays, 13 paid holidays/year
- Use of AMC Facilities, free and discounted rates
- Free AMC membership
The Appalachian Mountain Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.