| Job Description: ||
The AMC, America's oldest conservation and recreation organization, is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, responsible individual to process accounts payable. This year-round position is based in AMC’s Boston office and reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Open and sort all the incoming accounting department mail.
- Review items to be paid for priority, proper coding, approvals and supporting documentation, as well as accuracy.
- Enter payables into Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software, print checks, and route with supporting documentation for signatures.
- Mail checks to ensure payment by due date and file the documentation.
- Process and reconcile vendor statements and corporate credit cards on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with staff, managers and vendors to ensure proper and timely payment.
- Maintain vendor and contract files.
- Assist with monthly and annual reconciliations and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance of job description is required.
- Prior data entry experience with accounting software required. Microsoft Dynamics GP experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and email programs. Comfortable learning new technologies and skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, proofreading, math and verbal communications skills; works independently as well as with a team; follows oral and written instructions; organizes resources; shows initiative and problem-solving ability.
- Passion for the outdoor recreation, education, and conservation mission of the AMC.
- Physical abilities required: work is performed in a standard office setting. Must be able to stand, sit, operate standard office equipment, climb 5 flights of stairs, lift 30 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits
- Position is non-exempt, paid for hours worked.
- Flexible work schedule, generous vacation and supportive work environment.
- Competitive benefit package, including use of AMC facilities!
Send cover letter and resume to: AMCJOB187@outdoors.org. Please include the words “Accounts Payable Associate” and “your name” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
AMC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.