| Job Description: ||
FLSA: FTE Exempt, Salaried Position
Supervised by: Director of Educaiton and Director of Finance
Supervises: Retail Assistant Manager
Location: Ely, Minnesota
Deadline: January 4, 2013
The International Wolf Center is seeking a retail manager at its interpretive center in Ely, MN, to manage all aspects of a retail sales operation. This individual will have demonstrated leadership experience with in-store, and internet sales. S/he will be a strong manager who pays close attention to details and looks for ways to drive sales inside a mission-driven organization. Technology will play a significant role, so experience with Point Of Sale systems (Quickbooks POS preferred) and online store systems (Volusion and T-Hub preferred) is highly desirable. Weekend availability is required.
- Represent the International Wolf Center in the most professional manner with prospective, former and current members, customers, donors, vendors, other visitors and the communities we serve.
- Interact effectively with a diverse group of staff, interns, volunteers and the public.
- Learn and use operating procedures of the International Wolf Center and create retail operating practices where needed.
- Uphold the organizational mission statement.
- Adhere to organizational standards of objectivity and scientific accuracy in all educational activities.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Merchandise Management for Sales:
- Maintain up-to-date vendor, inventory, pricing and all other information related to the retail operations.
- Coordinate the necessary research to purchase the proper quality and quantity of inventory in coordination with Retail Assistant Manager.
- Work with vendors to create custom products, unique to the International Wolf Center's operation and mission.
- Negotiate wholesale prices, freight and payment terms with vendors.
- Price products to ensure high level of sales and profit margin goals and expectations.
- Establish a regular and routine cycle count process to count all inventory at least quarterly. Conduct complete physical inventory counts as often as the cycle count inventory accuracy dictates. At the end of each calendar year, count the entire inventory, with the independent auditors participation.
- Continually monitor the number of products maintained by the Retail operation and the overall inventory levels, based on prior years and seasons.
- Through improved marketing and purchasing, improve sales levels and gross margins annually.
Supervise Staff and Volunteers:
- Coordinate with the Director of Education and Director of Finance to recruit and hire retail staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions and performance objectives for retail employees and volunteers.
- Assign responsibilities and tasks to Retail Assistant Manager.
- Approve work schedules and staffing plans with a staff and volunteers scheduled to be present whenever the store is open.
- Train and motivate staff and volunteers emphasizing customer service and sound money handling.
- Approve time sheets.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director and Web Specialist in developing and maintaining the various promotional opportunities for the Web Store.
- Select merchandise, order and receive merchandise, take photographs, prepare photos for Web use, write product descriptions/copy, create items in on-line store, keep on-line inventory current, develop and maintain product category structure.
- Develop and implement source tracking and sales analysis for Web Store sales of merchandise, programs, memberships and donations.
- Oversee and help implement all aspects of the e-commerce sales fulfillment including orders, keying, packaging, and shipping while working in tandem with Retail Assistant Manager.
- Increase sales annually.
- Develop budget recommendations that strive to optimize revenue and control expenses.
- Operate within the confines of the approved budget, meet sales objectives, control expenses, and recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare expense vouchers.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Manage point of sale system. (QuickBooks POS)
- Manage internet sale system. (Volusion and T-Hub)
- Integrate Quickbooks POS sales data with Quickbooks Enterprise
- Maintain proficiency with the basic functions of email, web browsers, word processors, and spreadsheets.
- Proven professional with at least 3 years experience leading all aspects of retail operations.
- Strong knowledge of point of sale systems (Quickbooks POS preferred) and on-line retail management software.
- Track record of developing and maintaining departmental budgets.
- Ability to analyze sales data and adjust for maximize sales
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills.
ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position is subject to a variable work schedule based on department needs. It will include evening and weekend hours. Employee must be able to sit (60% time), stand, walk, lift/carry up to 30 lbs., operate a motor vehicle and communicate fluently in English.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. The salary range is $30,000-$35,000 depending on experience. Offer of employment will be subject to verification of criminal background check and credit history.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL WOLF CENTER:
The International Wolf Center;s mission is to advance the survival of wolf populations around the world by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands, and the human role in their future. The world famous interpretive center in Ely, Minnesota features daily presentations and field trips, an award winning museum exhibit and a pack of ambassador wolves living in their wooded territory. The Minneapolis office manages fundraising, membership, communications and organizational administration. Details online atwww.wolf.org.
Application materials are due by January 4, 2013. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emails accepted, no phone calls, please. Visit www.wolf.org for more organizational information.