| Job Description: ||
Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, contaminated sites assessment, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include biophysical resource surveys, environmental assessments, contaminated assessment and remediation, spill response, management planning and monitoring.
We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the Warehouse, equipment and logistics to join our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Warehouse organization
- Organization of equipment and supplies
- Keep safety and consumable supplies stocked
- Maintain housekeeping standards in warehouse
- Perform necessary maintenance of equipment
- Equipment Data Base
- Maintain equipment Data Base with current equipment list and maintenance.
- Ensure charge outs are done for equipment to improve equipment recovery costs
- ISO 14001 Compliance
- Work to maintain ISO 14001 compliance in the warehouse
- Track calibration and service logs for equipment
- Maintain equipment to ensure data integrity
- MSDS Management including:
- Create an inventory of all Controlled products used and system to ensure MSDS are current and up to date.
- Checking Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) sheets submitted from the Logistics Department against the records currently held, and updating
database/binder if required. Communicating changes to HSE coordinator.
- Logging all new MSDS into the MSDS binder and spreadsheet
- Maintaining the filing system of all MSDS.
- Fleet Management
- Tracking of short term and long term rentals
- Understanding of fleet management program and carbon foot print tracking
- Booking of LT rentals for PC as well as reconciling fleet card bills
- Data Management
- Maintain the training course spreadsheet and update Departments Leads when employees are due for refresher training
- Help create and maintain contractor approval data base
- Assist PC with various tracking and computer programs
- Equipment Sourcing
- Coordinate project specific field equipment needs
- Work with HSE to get PPE/ERP gear for field staff
- Review of pricing for PC purchases and rentals to improve profit margins
Work Environment/Hours of work:
- Warehouse, office and some field.
- May be required to lift up to 50LB.
- Job requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods.
- Hours of work generally M-F but may vary based on the needs of the business.
- Some overtime may be required
- Strong computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and databases.
- Good communication skills - internal and external.
- Proven team player with sound interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong self- starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision
Training Courses Required:
- Standard First Aid, CPR
- Valid Drivers License (may require drivers abstract)
- Driver Training would be an asset
- Office 2010- Competency