| Job Description: ||
Rocky Mountain Institute is looking to add a talented, innovative, passionate Designer to our Communications team. This hire will be equally skilled on conceptualization and execution and will be able to produce exceptional design to meet the institute's needs, whether print, digital or multimedia.
This person will have intense curiosity regarding RMI's work and will design and produce cross media materials supporting our programmatic goals, working either with the Art Director, other Communications staff, or other project leaders across the organization. The Designer will manage the RMI brand standards and ensure that RMI has a strong, recognizable, consistent visual identity. He/She will produce digital and print magazines, presentations, report designs, graphs, annual reports, event marketing materials and video.
RMI has offices in Snowmass and Boulder, Colorado. We plan for this position to be based in Boulder.
- Identification and fulfillment of digital/online, print and multimedia design needs in support of RMI's mission, leveraging a variety of design skills.
- Collaborate with and support Communications department and Art Director.
- Able to balance multiple tasks/multiple projects, consistently delivering exceptional creative design within the deadline.
- Produce graphics and layout for numerous marketing and communications needs in support of RMI's overall programmatic and fundraising objectives including: presentations, reports, white papers, graphs and various other communications materials as assigned.
- Effectively visualize information (create graphs)
- Design and produce publications, including the following: digital and printed magazine, Annual Report, event marketing materials
- Communicate clearly when presenting design and design strategies
- Maintain and update internal image management system and graphics library
- Take staff pictures and document RMI events
- Ensure efficient design file-sharing, file-management and file-archiving
- Understand and consistently reinforce RMI's visual brand standards at all levels of the organization, including the overall RMI brand and initiative sub-brands
- Maintain production schedule
- Collaborate with outside service providers
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong eye for usability, layout and information hierarchy
- High attention to detail and result-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills, keen insight, experience with group-based work and demonstrated commitment to issues of resource efficiency
- Ability to present creative design concepts confidently
- Knowledge of fundamental design principles such as color theory, typography, information design
- Enjoys translating information/data into visual representation
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, organized
- Calm under pressure and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects
- Proofing and pre-press knowledge
- Ability to take creative direction
- Must be a flexible self-starter who can adapt to a growing and evolving team, passionate problem solver
- Strong work ethic, dependable, and responsible
- Sense of humor
- Bachelor's Degree in Design field with 2+ years experience on the agency side or client side.
- Experience in brochure design, magazine layout, logo development, web design, HTML e-mails and photography
- Proficiency with Adobe Create Suite 5 or higher (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability to create HTML-based emails, leveraging experience with Dreamweaver (or equivalent)
- Experience with Content Management System (this is required)
- Knowledge of HTML coding a plus
- Strong digital, print, video and illustration skills, including deep understanding of related software including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro and PowerPoint
- Strong photography and photo editing skills
- Must be Mac proficient
- A strong portfolio
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates who submit all of the required documents will be guaranteed full consideration. No phone calls please.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.