| Job Description: ||
2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Responsibilities:
Our Environmental Services group in Saskatoon has an immediate opening for an Environmental Planner.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical and regulatory support for large-scale energy projects in the pre-project permitting stage and following major regulatory approvals
- Work directly with clients to provide strategic advice and project management throughout all stages of the regulatory permitting process, including provincial and federal regulatory frameworks
- Prepare budgets and identify tasks while carrying out project work within agreed time-frames and on budget
- Lead teams of technical biophysical and engineering specialists to support the permitting process.
- Create technical documents and provide senior review of technical documents that support regulatory submissions
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients
- Champion and implement Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all phases of project planning and implementation
- Communicate and collaborate with other Environmental and Regulatory Specialists to ensure consistency in project execution and contribute to the development of junior staff
- Participate in team and independent based work
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- University degrees from an accredited post-secondary institution in Environmental Management and Environmental Law.
- A minimum of five years of experience in environmental planning roles which may include; public stakeholder engagement, project coordination, environmental regulatory applications, and client interaction.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze data.
- Exceptional technical writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in or a solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of provincial, territorial and federal environmental legislation including environmental assessment legislation.
- Previous experience in environmental planning roles which may include; project management, project coordination, environmental regulatory applications, and client interaction is an asset.
- Experience with proposal development, fieldwork coordination, and report preparation is an asset.
Located in Saskatchewan, our Saskatoon office has a vibrant atmosphere with excellent opportunities for professional growth. With a population of 240,000, Saskatoon is renowned as a great city for families, offering many of the amenities of a larger city without the hassles. The city is centered on a beautiful river setting with an award winning urban trail system. Saskatoon is a 2.5 hour drive from our sister Stantec office in Regina. Saskatchewan currently has one of the most robust economies in North America. We anticipate long steady economic growth in Saskatchewan and our Environmental Services group.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program. Interested candidates should visit www.stantec.com/careers to apply with a resume and cover letter.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.