| Job Description: ||
Reports to: Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations, America
Status: Full time, salaried, exempt
Earthwatch Institute is an international, non-profit organization that engages people worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment. Earthwatch has been partnering with the corporate sector for nearly 20 years and during that time has worked with many Fortune 500 companies. Through innovative programs and collaborative field research projects, we catalyze action and resources necessary to conserve the environment while supporting the delivery of the sustainability strategies of our corporate partners.
This position requires 5+ years of corporate development, corporate sales and/or non-profit fundraising experience. The candidate must have a proven track record of successful relationship management, and must be familiar with Boston/New England’s corporate funding community – familiarity with NY metro area is a plus. Bachelor Degree candidates preferred. S/he must have a demonstrated understanding of the corporate development/sales process such as strategic prospecting, cold calling, proposal/grant writing, as well as an understanding of marketing, public relations, and special events. The candidate must have exceptional writing and editing skills, and must be able to produce high quality fundraising documents. S/he must have strong computer skills, and be able to work independently and think creatively. The candidate must have a results-oriented work approach, and be self motivated and able to liaise effectively with people on different professional levels.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Crafting and executing strategy for securing a minimum of $500,000 in corporate and foundation funding in FY12.
- Identifying new corporate partners and opportunities for revenue increases on corporate partnership renewals.
- Developing and executing a strategic plan for reaching corporate and foundation funding goals. Develop and execute strategies for ongoing cultivation of influential players in the corporate grant making community – specifically Boston/New England and the NY areas.
- Participating in professional networking and conference events on an ongoing basis.
Writing and Communications
- Producing high-quality written communication for potential and existing funders at all stages of the development process, including letters and concept notes about Earthwatch’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities; proposals for foundation and corporate prospects; mid-year and final stewardship reports; data compilation and supplementary evaluation materials (such as financial reports, statistics on programmatic initiatives, etc.) for donor communications. Oversee and ensure meeting of all grant compliance issues within allowed timeframes.
- Teamwork is essential and includes effective collaboration with US and international corporate partnership colleagues; The Associate Director position is part of Earthwatch’s global corporate development team and works closely with colleagues in the UK/Hong Kong offices. Must be an engaged and participatory member of the team.
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, Americas, development, marketing, program and research staff to effectively package programs for corporate and foundation donors; develop effective strategies to build compelling cases for support etc.
Research and Prospecting
- Generating new corporate and foundation prospects to pursue by conducting preliminary donor research.
- Managing the deadline-driven calendar of all development activities related to donor needs and expectations and overall relationship management including: researching grant guidelines, submitting all grant materials on time, and following up as necessary. Maintain accurate updating on Athena database including status of pending proposals.
Salary Range: $70,000 to $85,000.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.