| Job Description: ||
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we’re equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
We have an opening for a Communication Systems Engineer to be based in Dallas, TX with opportunity for advancement.
- Development of sealed system specifications and drawings
- Submittal / shop drawing review
- Implementation Oversight
- Quantity take-offs and Cost estimating
- Development of system requirements / design criteria
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited United States university. Master’s degree or greater desired.
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing communication systems such as; Structured Cabling, Intrusion Detection, CCTV, Fiber Optic Networks, Public Address, Passenger Information and LAN/WAN systems.
- 2+ years transit/transportation experience preferred
- Proficiency with business software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio etc.)
- Proficiency with CAD software such as AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Strong written and verbal English skills. Samples of prior written work product required.
- Ability to present technical plans or speak on technical topics to project teams or other groups as required.
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope and multiple technologies
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Detail oriented
- Texas Professional Engineer Registration preferred
- RCDD Certification Desired
- NARTE Certification (Telecommunications) Desired
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.