| Job Description: ||
Our Oil & Gas group provides client-focused solutions in planning, implementing, and maintaining pipelines, plants and facilities within the heavy industrial and oil and gas markets. We specialize in the development, design, installation and integrity maintenance of oil and gas pipeline systems and station facilities. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including petroleum refineries, upgraders, oil sands, mining, pipeline, forestry, or upstream oil and gas facilities. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
We are currently looking for Intermediate Pipeline Engineers to join our Oil & Gas group in Quarry Park.
- Provide appropriate engineering input and a technical overview to design activities undertaken by design/drafting staff residing within or outside the project team
- Contribute to cost estimates in small to large sized projects in collaboration with all other disciplines
- Ensure that the deliverables provided to the project are technically accurate, within specifications, scope, budget and schedule, suitable for the intended purpose and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans
- Interface with other departments, project managers, engineers, clients and vendors during all phases of projects to ensure a good working interface and accurate exchange of technical data;
- Collaborate and coordinate with project team to determine and achieve project objectives
- Participate in regular project meetings
- 5 - 10 years of pipeline engineering experience in oil and gas
- Mechanical or Civil Engineering Degree
- Ability to effectively communicate, through verbal and written communication, sound technical input to the pipeline engineering lead is essential
- Experienced with large pipes
- Working knowledge of CSA Z662 is an asset
- Eligible to register with a provincial professional association and/or working towards P.Eng. can be considered an asset
- Superior technical writing skills and experience writing technical reports, scopes of work, cost estimates, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office software and various engineering software programs