| Job Description: ||
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we’re equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Our Western Regional offices have openings for a Transit Systems Project Engineer/Manager to be based in Phoenix, AZ. This position allows for excellent opportunities for development and advancement. Responsibilities:
- Development and management of project schedules
- Development and management of project budgets and deliverables
- Development and oversight of system requirements / design criteria
- Development and oversight of system specifications and drawings
- Management of project staff and resources
- Management of Submittal / shop drawing reviews
- Implementation Oversight
- Development of cost estimates
- Development and management of change orders
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Systems management or equivalent from a United States accredited university or college. Advanced degree(s) desired.
- 3+ years of project management experience managing the development, design and implementation of transportation/transit systems such as: Security/Access control Systems, Telephone Systems, SCADA Systems, Wireless Networks, Outside plant cabling, Fiber Optic networks, CCTV Systems, Public Address Systems, Passenger Information Systems, Mobile Radio / data systems and CAD / AVL systems.
- 3+ years of experience managing and providing direction to technical staff and other professional staff with other firms.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office business software (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language. Examples of prior written work required.
- Ability to present technical plans and specifications and communicate clearly to project team staff, clients or other groups in a professional manner.
- Enjoy working on problems of diverse scope and multiple technologies
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Registration required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration Desired
Qualified candidates, please online at: www.stantec.com/careers
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.