| Job Description: ||
Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We’re passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
Join our dynamic team at the largest Architecture firm in Canada. Stantec Architecture has 1,200 skilled professionals in architecture, planning, interior design and production, working out of over 40 offices in North America. Exercise your creativity and passion on some of the most exciting, high-profile projects. Stantec is continually growing and evolving. We are looking for talented individuals to join our integrated practice in Calgary.
Stantec is an industry leader in the use of BIM within an integrated practice, with all staff Revit trained. We have positions available for a self-starter who is interested in building a commercial development group within our Stantec Calgary office. Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Senior Leadership team in group to continue to grow our business.
- Be the sector leader for developer based work. Experience in a variety of mixed use, retail, commercial, varying scales of multi-family residential, high rise office
- Provide leadership and direction to the team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards, etc.) to advance the group and the efficiency and effectiveness of our architectural work.
- Attract and retain architectural staff needed to deliver expertise throughout all phases of projects.
- Deliver projects efficiently and effectively through inspirational leadership of the architectural team members.
- Work with the other key staff to develop “win” strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
- Implement the goals and objectives set out in the annual business plan through leadership, coaching and mentoring of the architectural team members.
- deliver projects on time, on budget, winning recognition for excellence
- develop and maintain client relationships
- identify and win key projects
- lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies
The successful candidate will possess:
- Degree in Architecture, Alberta Provincial registration is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in the developer market
- Candidates must be able to lead projects with minimal supervision, manage teams, coordinate consultants and work directly with clients
- Experience with City of Calgary bylaws an asset
- Leadership capability; must be experienced in planning, facility programming, all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents; duties include mentoring and supervision of junior and intermediate architectural members
- Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Track Record of Excellence in technical and contract document production
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration
- Strong managerial experience in establishing scope, and directing the work of professional architects and technical staff on multiple projects
- Highly proficient at managing project objectives, priorities, budgeting and scheduling
Stantec has the unique ability to provide our staff with diverse opportunities to collaborate with our network of architectural offices across North America.