| Job Description: ||
||$51K to $60K based on experience
||SEPA provides employees a competitive benefits package including fully paid individual health and dental insurance, short and long term disability coverage, and life insurance, up to 24 days of Paid Time Off per year with an annual paid holiday break, and paid government holidays.
||The Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) is a nonprofit organization representing utility, solar industry, and stakeholder members. SEPA’s mission is to facilitate solutions for the use and integration of solar electric power by utilities, electric service providers, and their customers. More information about SEPA is available at www.solarelectricpower.org.
The Member Relations Manager works with the Director of Member Relations to achieve membership engagement and retention goals by managing the membership programs. The primary objective of this position is to manage and implement programs that create meaningful experiences for members and which meet the recruitment and retention goals of the membership department. The position reports directly to the Director of Member Relations, but will work in close collaboration with employees across all departments.
The ideal candidate will have experience executing membership strategies and programs resulting in organizational growth for a membership-based non-profit and will be responsible for day-to-day interaction with SEPA members. The Member Relations Manager will be a quick learner, highly organized, and someone who possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills. A passion for SEPA’s mission and a bachelor’s degree is required. Interest in renewable energy and environmental issues is a plus.
• Manages SEPA’s scholarship program for the annual Utility Solar Conference, Solar Power International , PV America, and Fact Finding Missions
• Primary liaison for SEPAConnect® the organization’s social networking program
• Assists the Director in the assessment of new member programs and potential revenue opportunities
• Implements and executes membership program plans to increase member retention and engagement
• Manages engagement campaign and communicates the value proposition and specific member benefits to the membership
• Responds to member inquiries and performs active follow up to ensure membership satisfaction and increasing member engagement
• Provides project management for marketing SEPA programs such as membership benefits and recruitment, SEPA events and SEPA website information on membership.
• Manages the implementation of membership retention strategies
• Manages the implementation of SEPA award programs
• Assists with annual member elections project and other votes of the membership
• Stays apprised of association activities, policies and services to respond to inquiries
• Represents Membership Department at various conferences, meetings and events; including programs at SEPA events, the annual membership meeting, new member orientations and networking programs
• Manages the Utility Solar Conference Solution Provider Program and sponsorship relationships and contractual obligations
• Manages the preparation of membership surveys and evaluations
• Supports the member relations program activities as needed
• Other tasks assigned
• Bachelors degree (business management preferred)
• Minimum three to five years of experience with an emphasis on project management and/or customer service management; association experience preferred.
• Strong customer service orientation and experience
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience in the use of Database systems; NetFORUM Pro a plus
• Ability to complete a combination of short-term needs, while managing long-term projects
• Project management experience and able to make decisions
• Experience managing vendors and assessing value added services
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Interest in working in a fun, flexible, quickly growing office environment
• Willingness to undertake occasional travel
Direct applicants only
No fee based search or placement firms