| Job Description: ||
Our Urban Development Teamis dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work, and play. Whether it’s for a new phase, retail project, neighborhood, revitalization or a new city, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning. This is a place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. With services that include project management, infrastructure design, feasibility studies, earthworks analysis, drainage studies, stormwater management studies, and design for site and infrastructure improvements, we provide efficient solutions that are environmentally responsible, functional and technically sound. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are. Responsibilities:
An opportunity exists for a motivated engineer with water resources experience to join a large water resources group extending across several offices with a diverse water resources workload. This position would include the opportunity to manage water resources projects and water resources components of larger projects and will involve working with other experts in the fields of land development, water, environmental management, transportation and other disciplines on a variety of complex projects.
As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan and carry out water resources projects in a dynamic team setting and you will be able to use your presentation skills to explain complex issues and to develop new clients and project assignments. You will report directly to the Water Resources Team Lead. Other responsibilities include:
- Undertaking detailed studies, modeling and design tasks associated with surface water resources, including the preparation of Subwatershed Plans, Master Environmental Servicing Plans, Functional Servicing Reports, floodplain delineation/management analyses, water quality/quantity monitoring, erosion control studies, channel restoration, stormwater management and drainage design for commercial, residential, industrial, transportation, institutional and mining projects;
- Coordinating with other project managers, design engineers, technical staff and/or multidisciplinary team members to ensure that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner;
- Preparing proposals for new projects and assisting with business development initiatives;
- Managing project budgets, staff allocation and preparing and reviewing invoices prior to issuance;
- Meeting with agency and municipal officials with respect to project-specific water resources issues;
- Researching issues related to stormwater and water resources that impact individual projects;
- Responsible for preparing/overseeing technical reports and design briefs to document analyses;
- Taking responsibility for quality of project deliverables;
- Coordinating with drafting and GIS staff to prepare report figures and/or design drawings; and
- Coordination with multi-disciplinary teams of professionals on a variety of water resources related projects.
As the ideal candidate:
- You are registered as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario or are eligible for registration, and hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 5 to 15 years of water resources experience in the Province of Ontario.
- Your ability to work in a team environment, with minimal supervision, is desirable.
- Ideally, you are a self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- In addition, you possess a strong working knowledge of various software for planning and design of water management facilities (e.g. SWMHYMO, HEC-RAS, HEC-2).
- You have a commitment to thrive in a pro-active organization where client service is second to none.