| Job Description: ||
Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We’re passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors. Responsibilities:
Stantec in Whitehorse, YT or Yellowknife, NT has an immediate opening for a Senior Structural Engineer. The successful candidate will lead structural project teams to develop construction documents ( i.e. working drawings and detailed technical specifications) for projects of varying complexity and construction value. Teams vary in size and composition and include professional staff and technologists.
Other responsibilities include:
- Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender to construction.
- Apply professional seal to construction documents or engineering reports. Monitor and take professional responsibility for design completed by other team members.
- Lead team members in determining viable solutions for design issues.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures are followed during project planning and production.
- Assist Project Managers in developing project budgets and timelines.
- Assist in the coordination of project design activities and the preparation of engineering work schedules.
- Work to and meet project time lines and budgets.
- Liaise with owners, architects, and other project stakeholders to determine project objectives. Relay objectives to project team. Ensure project objectives are met.
- Coordinate design work with other disciplines, other offices, and other project team members as required by project size.
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change notices, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis
- Coach Intermediate and Junior Staff members informally or through formal presentations.
- Assist the management team in developing tools and techniques for the execution of daily duties.
- Professional Engineer with the ability to be licensed to practice structural engineering in the Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories with at least 10 years of current experience in design development, detailed design, design coordination, and construction services.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the design of building structural systems; with focus on institutional, residential and commercial building projects preferred.
- Ability to coordinate and liaise with Project Managers, Architects, and Engineers as part of a multi-disciplined organization across multiple offices.
- Strong management experience in establishing scope, and directing the work of Professional Engineers and technical staff on multiple projects.
- Ability to manage project objectives and priorities, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Maintain a high standard of quality and safety at every level of service delivery.
- Must have a strong background in design of reinforced concrete, structural steel, timber and light frame construction.
- Should be able to work independently from conceptual design through to working drawings.
- Knowledge of programs for structural analysis such as RISA 3D,STAAD or P-Frame.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software packages.
Strong technical writing, communication and interpersonal skills.