| Job Description: ||
Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, environmental policy and permitting, GIS, and information management. We help our clients identify and respond to opportunities and constraints within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterizations, water resources management, and complex planning and permitting. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career. Responsibilities:
Stantec is seeking an Environmental Scientist to work out of its Lombard, IL office. Specifically, we are seeking an individual to:
- Support current conventional and renewable energy development projects; and ecosystem restoration and biological and environmental support projects for a variety of private and governmental clients.
- Manage projects including budget control, scientific quality control, and client liaison.
- Participate in / lead marketing and business development activities for enviromental services in the Chicago Region.
- Conduct flora and/or fauna surveys / habitat assessements for a variety of species.
- Conduct wetland delineations and make navigable waterway determinations.
- Coordinate and manage environmental permitting, assessment and/or compliance work related to CWA, NPDES, USACE, USFWS, NEPA, and various state agency requirements as they pertain to a variety of project types including energy transmission and generation facilities, transportation, and private development projects.
- Perform analysis, consulting, and provide recommendations for clients.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary environmental assessments.
- Proposal and report writing.
- Bachelors degree in a natural resource, biological or environmental field; a masters degree is preferred
- Five or more years experience performing analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations for various types of clients
- Demonstrated experience with USACE, IEPA, WDNR, MDEQ/MDNR, IDEM/IDNR and local permitting processes
- Demonstrated experience balancing and organizing multiple projects, reviewing and documenting project progress, developing communication plans, and reviewing and updating scope and progress for construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to validate and accurately analyze information, and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of project and client needs
- Must have the ability to work in the field for long hours in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel as needed for project assignments