Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Veterans Green Jobs. |
|Experience Required:||4-5 years|
|State/Province:||CO - Colorado|
Focus of Development Services: The Development Consultant will be responsible for initiating a strong major gifts program and soliciting and securing gifts of $10,000 and above with an ultimate goal of $250k in secured contributions by January 31, 2013. Additionally, the Development The consultant will develop a portfolio of major gifts prospects with the potential to raise a total of $1M by the end of FY13.
This is a 6-month, contract position beginning in August, 2012, with a potential for extension in 2013. The consultant will work independently from a home office or other remote site. Travel within the Denver metropolitan area, state of Colorado and adjoining states will be required at times.
Compensation : Open, negotiable and dependent on qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of 5 years of nonprofit development experience with an emphasis on major gifts.
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to effectively convey the mission of Veterans Green Jobs to potential funders.
• A demonstrated record of successfully engaging potential funders and meeting development goals.
• Familiarity with or comfortable in developing relations with metro-Denver and Colorado corporate and philanthropic resources related to military veteran support and green industries such as renewable energy, oil and gas, and clean energies including solar and wind power.
• A key component of this job will be the ability to quickly develop short term and long range fund raising strategies and secure unrestricted funds within the project timelines.
Please submit a cover letter and resume OR consulting proposal to:
Veterans Green Jobs Attention: Dana Shea-Reid
2627 W. 6th Avenue Denver, CO 80204 firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled, but no later than Friday, August 10, 2012.