| Job Description: ||
The Financial Analyst/Accountant supports the Controller in carrying out responsibilities for planning, forecasting and budgeting, as well as accounting, analysis, and projects relating to investments, endowment and fixed assets. This position will assume a lead role in organizing the forecasting and budgeting process, working directly with budget managers to ensure a timely, accurate and successful process. Excellent organization and communication skills, as well as financial analysis and accounting experience are essential in this position.
- Work with the Controller to plan, organize and communicate requirements for budgeting and forecasting, monitoring progress and ensuring completion by deadlines.
- Maintain the Adaptive Planning software for efficient use, and serve as the staff expert on the system, answering questions, resolving problems, and improving the effectiveness of the system in meeting organizational needs.
- Analyze budget data to ensure an accurate budget/forecast, producing reports for management and finance, and preparing for and participating in budget meetings.
- Assist Controller in long-range planning, including developing new data collection and reporting tools using Adaptive Planning.
- Account for investment transaction activity and produce quarterly reports.
- Update Endowment transactions and balances quarterly in existing Microsoft Access database, and provide reports to management. Ensure endowment restrictions are identified and monitor for compliance.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset ledger and associated depreciation schedules. Take the lead in transitioning from a Microsoft Excel-based ledger to Microsoft Dynamics GP fixed assets module.
- Oversee accounting for capital projects, including assigning project codes, comparing results to budget, and preparing monthly and quarterly reports for management.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance and progressive experience of two to five years in finance and accounting, demonstrating skills and ability for successful performance of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple responsibilities in a casual, but deadline driven environment, working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional ability to plan and organize, with an analytical and systems orientation.
- Experience with Adaptive Planning software preferred. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software and FRx reporting tool, or equivalent, required.
- Expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Access, Word. Exceptional user of Excel.
- Passion for the outdoor recreation, education, and conservation mission of the AMC.
- Physical abilities required: Work is performed in a standard office setting operating standard office equipment. Must be able to stand, sit, climb 5 flights of stairs, and lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, Appalachian Mountain Club, 5 Joy Street, Boston, MA 02108. No phone calls.The Appalachian Mountain Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Founded in 1876, the Appalachian Mountain Club is the oldest conservation and recreation organization in the United States. The AMC has 12 Chapters throughout the East and over 90,000 members. The AMC promotes the protection, enjoyment, and wise use of the mountains, rivers and trails of the Appalachian region. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies, and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting, and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
Benefits of Working With the AMC
The AMC offers a great benefits package! Here is a partial list that highlights some benefits offered for our regular full-time employees. Benefits may vary based on position.
- Group Health Plan, 75 percent employer paid.
- Group Life Insurance, 100 percent employer paid
- Long-Term Disability Insurance, 100 percent employer paid
- Vacation, four weeks accrued each year
- Holidays, 13 paid holidays/year
- Use of AMC Facilities, free and discounted rates
- Free AMC membership