| Job Description: ||
Vice President, Planning & Global Operations -- Planning & Global Operations Division
United States - New York, NY
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
This position will assist the Vice President, Planning & Global Operations (VP) in all aspects of his/her responsibilities. The position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the VP but will also be involved in ad-hoc projects and organization-wide activities as assigned.
- Maintain VP’s calendar and appointments by scheduling meetings, conference calls, speaking engagements and travel;
- Coordinate all aspects of meeting preparation for VP, including communications with relevant staff, logistics, agendas and materials preparation, as well as meeting follow-up, including tracking reports and correspondence;
- Assist in preparation of monthly staff meetings including communications with staff, coordinating logistics, materials preparation, in addition to meeting follow up and taking minutes;
- Record, share and file meeting reports;
- Generate expense reports for cash reimbursements and monthly American Express statements for VP;
- Assist in the preparation of presentations;
- Manage VP’s phone calls and contact information;
- Conserve VP’s time by reading and routing correspondence;
- Maintain the supply of promotional items for VP’s use; and
- Provide general administrative support including filing, fielding calls, faxing/copying, ordering supplies.
- Assist and work closely with the VP to achieve annual objectives;
- In close coordination with the Associate, Office of the President, coordinate PPC meeting logistics, agendas and materials;
- Assist VP & RA staff globally in devising new policies/procedures to improve operational efficiencies;
- Assist with cross-program and emerging initiatives (i.e. PwC report follow-up, EMC/PPC review, etc);
- Support VP in initiating, collecting and evaluating organization-wide Quarterly Priorities review process;
- Assist VP in managing the annual strategic and long-term planning process;
- Support the Evaluation & Research Program and Manager, Program Operations staff globally; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- 1-3 years administrative experience; non-profit and program experience a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required;
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills and display a high level of diplomacy and professionalism;
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish preferred;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, be creative, take initiative and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Comfortable speaking in front of diverse audiences; and
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10012; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.