| Job Description: ||
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we’re equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
We have an opening for a Transit Systems Engineer to be based in Phoenix Arizona with opportunity for advancement and professional development. Responsibilities:
- Development of sealed communications system specifications and drawings.
- Review of technical submittals prepared by others such as shop drawings and product data.
- Performing systems loading/sizing studies and related analysis
- Performing reliability studies/analysis
- Development of project schedules
- Development of cost estimates
- Development of system performance requirements
- Development of system design criteria
- And other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or equivalent from a United States accredited engineering university/college. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience developing, specifying and designing transit systems such as; fiber optic and wireless LAN/WAN networks, underground duct banks, telephone, CCTV, Public Address, SCADA and Passenger Information systems.
- Verifiable transit (i.e. Bus, Rail) related project experience required.
- Proficiency with business software applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio etc.)
- Proficiency with engineering design software such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Proficiency with written English communications including the ability to write technical memos, reports, and other project related correspondence as needed. Samples of prior written work product required.
- Proficiency with verbal English communications including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to co-workers, colleagues, project team members or others as required.
- Ability to solve technical problems of diverse scope involving individual or multiple systems technologies.
- Ability to work independently and with interdisciplinary project teams.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards such as TIA, APTA, IEEE, ISO and others.
- Registered Electrical (controls or telecommunications registration preferred) Professional Engineer in the state of Arizona or the ability to obtain reciprocity in Arizona required.