| Job Description: ||
We could design buildings just because we can, but we’d rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration—spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space—good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all. Responsibilities:
- Establishes a relationship with Project Teams and Clients to define their needs;
- Coordinates all work done for an individual client program including the establish of, and conformance to, budgets, priorities, scheduling and staffing;
- Serves as primary contact for Project Team , communicating progress and status;
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of plans, drawings, details and specifications in accordance with client standards and specification;
- Ensures designs meet applicable codes and regulations;
- Conducts design review and meets with clients to evaluate and comment upon concept designs and plans;
- Works cooperatively with city/county planning, public works agencies and staff, neighborhood associations, developers, consultants and others. Maintains effective communication and cooperation with and among these partners;
- Manages projects within established budget constraints, using change orders as necessary and maximizing profits;
- Acts as company representative at site walks, planning staff meetings, public hearings, bid walks, turnover meetings and post-construction walks;
- Responds to city comments through drawing revisions, direct negotiation or written responses;
- Maximizes marketing opportunities from existing client programs by expanding and growing current accounts as well as seeking new clients;
- Maintains high satisfaction rating from clients through superior service, quality workmanship, timely production and quick project turnaround and thorough understanding of client requirements;
- Ensures that clients are made aware of the latest services offered by the company;
- Participates in other marketing activities benefiting the company;
- Understands future trends in engineering design/materials and related industries. Develops designs based on these trends;
- Provides day-to-day guidance, supervision, motivation and development of subordinates;
- Prepares forecasts of workload for assigned staff.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field;
- Mechanical Engineering license required; licensed in multiple states preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience as Project Engineer or Project Manager;
- Background and experience in Retail/Commercial related projects, including prototype development and site-adaptation is a plus;
- Thorough knowledge of engineering design principles and construction materials;
- Must have proven ability to grow existing client programs;
- Commitment to excellence and high standards;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects;
- Ability to work independently as well as manage a diverse team of staff and consultants;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and workflows, and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to direct and recommend cost-effective creative design solutions;
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
Stantec offers an excellent benefits and compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, wellness program, paid vacation and holidays, stock purchase plan, and pre-tax health plans.
Stantec Consulting is an equal opportunity employer.