| Job Description: ||
Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in environmental planning and environmental management, to include disciplines such as marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include environmental planning, permitting, regulatory analysis, endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterizations, and water resources management. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career. Responsibilities:
- Environmental planning and permitting, including the preparation of environmental impact statements (EIS’s), environmental assessments (EA’s),Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) resource reports, cumulative impact assessments, biological evaluations (BE) biological assessments (BA’s).
- State and federal environmental permitting as needed, and ESA consultation and coordination.
- Project management
- Multi-disciplinary environmental studies
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) planning and review
- Client stewardship and business development
- Support company leadership in growing staff and business in multiple sectors
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- 20 years of experience successfully coordinating and managing environmental permitting, assessment and/or compliance work related to NEPA, CWA, FERC, ESA and other regulatory requirements, as they relate to mining and energy projects; pipelines, transmission, wind/solar renewable energy, or other projects requiring environmental compliance and monitoring.
- A Bachelors degree in planning, natural resources, biological science, ecology, or related field with a Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with US Forest service, and/or Bureau of Land Management (BLM), USFWS, USACE and state agencies with regulatory approval processes.
- Demonstrated experience with mining environmental planning and compliance, transmission/distribution systems, terminal facilities, and/or wind/solar farms and related environmental issues.
- Demonstrated experience with FERC and NEPA requirements and permitting processes, mitigation measures, and related implementation means.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs.
- Experience with energy projects on public lands preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Experience managing large projects and programs, with multiple stakeholders, and dynamic budget and schedule requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Team player with proven leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work well with others.