| Job Description: ||
TransForm and ClimatePlan, two leading environmental and social justice nonprofits, seek an
organized and detail-oriented Program Assistant. This position supports two teams: TransForm’s
development staff and the ClimatePlan staff. This is a full time non-exempt position based in Oakland.
ABOUT TRANSFORM AND CLIMATEPLAN
TransForm works to create world-class public transportation and walkable communities in the Bay
Area and California. Learn more at www.transformca.org. ClimatePlan, fiscally sponsored by
TransForm, empowers and unites community organizations across California to address climate
change by making our communities more walkable and investing in public transit. Learn more at
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is integral in keeping things humming both behind the scenes and at events for the
development and ClimatePlan teams. It includes a wide range of administrative tasks, from data entry,
invoicing, and gift processing to supporting different types of events. You’ll do well in this position if
you’re someone with excellent time-management skills and are detailed-oriented, organized and able
to juggle multiple priorities well.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Conduct all individual and corporate donation processing, tracking, acknowledgement and
• Identify and conduct projects as needed to support high-quality contact data in TransForm’s
database and maximize the number of people we can send reach by postal and electronic mail.
• Implement all event logistics for ClimatePlan meetings and events, including space
procurement, food, technology and transportation. Some travel around California may be
• Provide core logistical support for all TransForm fundraising events, including online
registration, volunteer coordination, and vendor management.
• Research and maintain records of past and potential event venues, speakers, topics, and places
to advertise TransForm and ClimatePlan events.
• Maintain TransForm’s event and development supplies inventory.
• Track ClimatePlan contracts and invoices.
• Assist ClimatePlan staff as needed with expense reporting, travel arrangements, timesheets
and responding to information requests.
• Serve as point person in addressing ClimatePlan’s needs regarding office supplies, computers
• Update and maintain ClimatePlan’s database of partner organizations and supporters; receive
and process new partner applications for the ClimatePlan network and new subscriptions for
ClimatePlan’s weekly newsletter.
• Administer all appeal and cultivation mailings for individuals and foundations for TransForm.
• Conduct additional data entry as needed for development and ClimatePlan staff.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Organized and detail-oriented.
• College degree or at least one year of administrative support experience, preferably in a nonprofit
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
• Skilled in Google email, internet, and Microsoft Office.
• Proficiency in written communication and the ability to quickly write error-free emails, thank
you letters, and other similar organizational correspondence.
• Proficiency in basic accounting. Experience with gift processing and reconciliation a big plus.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in external communications.
• Experience managing databases preferred but not required. Experience with Salesforce highly
• Ability to work with a wide diversity of people.
• Personal commitment and interest in environmental stewardship and social justice.
• Positive attitude, personal integrity, and sense of humor are highly desired!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week), non-exempt position. The salary range for this position is
$30,000-$33,000 per year based on experience. Compensation includes health and dental insurance,
generous vacation time and an exciting, friendly, team-oriented work environment. TransForm also
administers an employee contribution 403(b) retirement plan and contributes to the Commuter
Our staff is focused on making positive change in the world. We prioritize equity and inclusion with
what we do and how we work together as a team. TransForm is an equal opportunity employer.
People of color, of all abilities, of all sexual and gender orientations, and women are strongly
encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound like the job for you? Then please put together:
• A resume
• A cover letter detailing who you are and what you’ve done that makes you a great fit for this
• A short, one page (or less) document describing:
o A successful event that you were a part of. What was your role in the event planning
or execution? How did your contribution make the event a success?
o A situation when your administrative support made a tangible, significant, positive
Send these materials as a single PDF attachment to DCPAdminAsst@transformca.org. You will
receive an email confirming receipt of your materials. Please, no faxes, postal mail, or phone calls.
This position was originally posted as “Administrative Assistant” on June 1, 2012 and is
open until filled. Review of applications begins on June 11 and scheduling interviews
likely a week or so after.