| Job Description: ||
This position reports directly to the Development Director and is responsible for high-level administrative support to the Development Director and Development staff and includes performing support duties directly related to development activities. Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity. Is a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues. Applies skills and knowledge in multiple functions.
- Provides administrative support functions, such as answering and directing phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, establishing and maintaining files, document management, maintaining office equipment, copies and faxes requested documents, resolving hardware and software issues, ordering office supplies and maintaining adequate inventory levels, etc. Prepares various types of traditional and social media correspondence.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks. Makes travel arrangements with detailed itineraries, schedules meetings and appointments, and maintains calendars to ensure efficient time management. Assists staff with calendar management, expense reimbursement, and data entry relative to contacts and activities as needed. Coordinates actions, questions, and decisions between Development Director and others.
- Assists with gift processing. Receives gifts in the form of cash, checks, charge cards, or stock transfers. Researches missing information or clarification and forwards misdirected monies to appropriate persons. Sends receipts and acknowledgements.
- Enters pledges and pledge payments. Processes routine and complex transactions, including stock transactions, matching gift transactions, in-kind gifts, payroll deductions, etc.
- Maintains system of matching gift company documentation and matches in-progress. Communicates with matching gift coordinators at corporations as needed • Maintains online database of RMI alumni, friends, community leaders, corporations, and organizations using the Internet, directories, correspondence, newspapers, and other sources.
- Assists development staff in identifying, cultivating, stewarding donors and prospective donors through Raisers Edge database research. Utilizes data from central databases to create requested reports, spreadsheets and correspondence on a routine basis. Generates and refines downloads for reports and mailing labels as requested by development staff.
- Completes new account forms, routing and following-up on forms and fund agreements to ensure required approval signatures obtained in timely manner; provides complete information to accounting processing staff. Processes donor checks and gifts, completes routing and tracking forms, generates appropriate acknowledgments. Updates donor database with notes, strategic plans, contact reports, tasks, etc. to ensure most current and relevant information is available. Shares information with other team members. Researches and resolves issues or discrepancies daily regarding donations, fund transfers, and new gift funds. Follows up to confirm changes have been made.
- Generates department accounts payable vouchers, verifying accuracy of invoices and accounting codes. May assist in preparation and monitoring of departmental budget.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Passionate about philanthropy and the efficient and restorative use of resources to create a better world.
- Expert knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, manage time and meet deadlines with a proven ability to work in a team environment, develop effective interpersonal relationships, and provide superior customer service.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Proven data entry skills with ability to input information accurately, prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports on an ongoing basis.
- Solid knowledge of database management with the ability to query reports.
- Solid ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, graduate work strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a nonprofit or related area strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com with “Development Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.