Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
ACE - Alliance for Climate Education. |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Experience Required:||2-3 years|
|State/Province:||OH - Ohio|
Alliance for Climate Education (ACE) is the national leader in high school climate science education; its mission is to educate and inspire youth to take action to curb the causes of climate change. ACE accomplishes this mission through dynamic, award winning multimedia school assemblies that make the complex subject of climate science and solutions relevant, interesting, and fun. Following these assemblies, ACE Educators assist students in implementing carbon reduction programs in their schools and communities, and also provide youth leadership opportunities reaching well beyond campus grounds. Using this process of education applied to initial actions and then major projects, ACE grooms leaders who can influence peers and effect change.
ACE is a young, dynamic nonprofit organization ahead of the game in making climate science interesting and fun. ACE is data-centric and tech-savvy, nimble and creative, passionate and results-oriented, and believes firmly in the Power of Awesome. In its first two-and-a-half years, ACE has reached 1.3 million high school students. ACE has a current staff of 35, an annual budget of $3 million, and is planning for significant growth over the next two years.
Job DescriptionWhat we need: A dynamic, science-minded, education-driven performer to deliver our multimedia assemblies on climate change to high school students in Cincinnati (preferably) or Columbus. (Check out our trailer to get a taste of our presentation.) You’ll be in the field with high school students, communicating the essential science of climate change in a lively, fun and unforgettable way. After each presentation you’ll be working with youth to create ACE Action Teams that work on a variety of climate change projects, from reducing energy use on campus to throwing green proms. You’ll work from home, meet by phone about once a week with your regional manager (based in Boston), and have weekly national meetings with colleagues online.
QualificationsRequired Qualifications:• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
• Terrific oral and written communication skills.
• Dynamic presentation style, engaging personality.
• Excellent organizational skills, specifically with time management and ability to multi‐task. Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
• Comfortable working alone with a remote manager.
• Solid understanding of global climate change and the youth environmental movement.
• Self-managing—you’ll need to manage a wide variety of projects with clear and constant communication while working from a home office.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel around the region. Desired Qualifications:
Additional InformationPlease include:
- a cover letter (including your salary expectations)
- resume Schedule: Full-time position
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Cincinnati (Preferably) or Columbus, OH Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. ACE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applications.