| Job Description: ||
Stantec is a multi-disciplinary engineering company, with approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally. Responsibilities:
Our Mining Practice provides engineering solutions and professional services to mining companies around the globe. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving some of the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods/mine development, the design of infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling systems, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine head frames, and hoisting systems.
Working in our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office, you will assume the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer where you will deliver detail design engineering for mine infrastructure projects on behalf of Stantec’s mining clientele.
• Responsible for the timely completion of project designs in accordance with all applicable governing codes and Engineering Standards.
• Coordinate the successful delivery of mechanical engineering design to the client by communicating with both Stantec’s engineering and design teams.
• Ensure project deliverables are met according to quality, scope, budget, and schedule
• Provide detail design engineering for drawings and specifications for material handling systems, pumping/piping systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, mine ventilation systems, industrial HVAC systems, hoisting systems, and related mine infrastructure.
• Responsible for approving designs, site inspections (surface and underground)
• Have strong written abilities for the preparation of scope of work and supply documents, specifications, and design basis documents.
• Promote and comply with Stantec's corporate policies and procedures by adopting Quality Assurance and Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures and requirements. • Author specifications, functional statements and design basis statements
• Periodic travel to site operations in both Northern Ontario and Saskatoon.
• You will contribute to engineering best practices by interfacing with engineers from other disciplines to review and improve design standards and procedures.
• Enable Stantec to remain innovative in the provision of projects involving mechanical engineering by keeping abreast of industry developments and exploring the feasibility of new approaches.
• The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and be a registered Professional Engineer in the Province of Saskatchewan or any other Canadian provincial/territorial jurisdiction.
• Have between 8-15 years of Mechanical Engineering experience in the design and analysis of mechanical systems specific to the underground mining industry or heavy industry
• Previous design experience would include but not be limited to the design of mine plant mechanical systems. Demonstrated trouble shooting & problem solving skills specific to mechanical systems in heavy industry.
• Have experience in project management techniques and best practices.
• Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and safety acts/regulations
• Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
• Exposure to computer aided drafting software such as ACAD is also preferred.
• Familiar with relevant ASME, ANSI, OHSA, API, NBC, ASHRAE, CSA codes
• You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities.
• An experienced leader who is adept at both meetings with Stantec staff and clients
• Willingness to work in a team environment
• You have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.