| Job Description: ||
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets at every stage, from initial conceptualization and financial feasibility study to project completion and beyond. Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally.
Assessment, Permitting and Compliance
From conception to assessment, construction, operations and decommissioning, projects and communities benefit environmentally, economically and socially from the systematic incorporation of environmental objectives. This is often required by regulation and is increasingly incorporated into the sustainable development policies of organizations.
Our assessment, permitting and compliance team works with our clients to achieve exceptional results - meeting aggressive timelines and stringent permitting standards, while providing defensible analyses and focused assessments. The outcome is superior environmental performance, reduced costs, expedited schedules and greater efficiency. We have an unparalleled record of satisfying simultaneous obligations to proponents, regulators, stakeholders and communities.
Stantec is One Team providing Infinite Solutions. Responsibilities:
We currently require a Senior Environmental Planner in our Guelph, ON office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and execute a wide range of large-scale proposals and environmental impact assessment projects from inception to completion.
- Lead the preparation of applications for regulatory approvals in sectors such as wind and solar, oil and gas, energy, mining and linear works such as transmission, transportation and pipeline projects.
- Define and manage project objective, scope, schedule, budget, contracts, subcontracts and multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure client and project team satisfaction.
- Ensure client and regulator satisfaction via appropriate facilitation, negotiation, and issues resolution.
- Interact with and develop excellent relations with clients, regulators and stakeholders
- Ensure QA/QC and H&S requirements and procedures are identified and followed throughout a project's life cycle.
- Technical work, senior review of reports and proposals and presentations.
- Mentor and supervise junior and intermediate staff.
- Relevant University degree from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in increasingly responsible environmental planning roles including; project management, environmental regulatory applications, client interaction and multi-disciplinary team management.
- Demonstrated experience with the items listed in the “Responsibilities” section
- Demonstrated working knowledge of provincial, territorial and federal environmental legislation including environmental assessment legislation.
- Demonstrated success in developing profitable client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and strategic planning.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and mentoring skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issue to clients, regulators, and stakeholders.
- History of relevant professional development.
- Proven and demonstrated high quality technical writing skills.
- Experience in or a solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment.