| Job Description: ||
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets at every stage, from initial conceptualization and financial feasibility study to project completion and beyond. Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally.
Assessment, Permitting and Compliance
From conception to assessment, construction, operations and decommissioning, projects and communities benefit environmentally, economically and socially from the systematic incorporation of environmental objectives. This is often required by regulation and is increasingly incorporated into the sustainable development policies of organizations.
Our assessment, permitting and compliance team works with our clients to achieve exceptional results - meeting aggressive timelines and stringent permitting standards, while providing defensible analyses and focused assessments. The outcome is superior environmental performance, reduced costs, expedited schedules and greater efficiency. We have an unparalleled record of satisfying simultaneous obligations to proponents, regulators, stakeholders and communities.
Stantec is One Team providing Infinite Solutions. Responsibilities:
We currently require a Senior Solid Waste Management Planner. Please note this position is for Stantec’s Markham, Hamilton, Kitchener, Guelph or Burlington offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and analysis of integrated waste management systems for public and private sector clients
- Preparation of proposals and reports for clients
- Senior review of reports
- Project management
- Business development, and client relationship building
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Mentoring of junior and intermediate employees
- Following QA/QC and H&S requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, planning, environmental studies or a related field from a recognized university or equivalent.
- MCIP professional accreditation and RPP designation considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in increasingly responsible waste management roles, including project management, scoping, coordinating and undertaking integrated solid waste management systems planning and permitting projects.
- An understanding of integrated municipal solid waste management systems, the solid waste management industry, the role of the private sector and applicable regulations, policies, approvals and guidelines.
- Experience within one or more of the following areas:
- Waste management system planning, design and implementation
- Waste recycling, organics and disposal technology reviews/feasibility studies
- Environmental Assessments (Individual or Screening) for waste management
- Waste, recycling and/or organics facility siting and Environmental Protection Act approval requirements
- Landfill utilization and capacity planning
- Financial and cost benefit analysis for waste management systems and system components
- Life Cycle Analysis of waste systems and technologies
- Extensive experience with client and budget management, proposal development, fieldwork coordination, and report preparation
- Exceptional technical writing and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issues to clients, regulators and stakeholders
- Have a valid driver’s license