- Commitment to superior customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and phone communication skills
- Superior organizational skills, ability in multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Administrative experience strongly preferred
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Retail sales experience helpful
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- A pre-employment or post-hire background screening and criminal history check
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Direct customer service experience (two years)
- Associate college degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with non-profit organizations
- Commitment to mission, vision, and goals of North Cascades Institute
- Handles participant registration for Skagit Tours and Base Camp at the Learning Center.
- Handle all incoming phone calls and emails for Skagit Tours. Provide customers with superior service for information and questions about the Tours and other Institute programs.
- Maintain program participant record database (Salesforce) for Skagit Tours and Base Camp. Enter participant information, process and track all registration financial transactions in database, work with the registrar and accounting department to ensure transactions are accurate and records follow accounting procedures. Handle all cancellations following written procedures to ensure accuracy for data and financials.
- Follow up all registrations with confirmation emails, class letters and detailed program information.
- Utilizes Salesforce to assist in maintaining data on participants, to communicate program details to other Institute staff (food service, housekeeping, etc.) and to generate reports.
- Assists the Learning Center’s Administrative Assistant as the front desk receptionist for handling general tasks such as answering and routing correspondence, assisting customers with merchandise sales, providing customer service to Learning Center visitors and maintaining office equipment and supplies.
June 1 – September 5, 2012
This is a full time seasonal/temporary non-exempt (hourly) position. The wages are $12/hour and include paid holidays. Meals are provided when programs are in session.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
Skagit Tour Registration Assistant
North Cascades Institute
810 State Route 20
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284-1239
Or email the above information to Julie_toomey@ncascades.org
North Cascades Institute programs and employment are open to all. The Institute does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or disability in any of its policies or programs.