| Job Description: ||
Earth Advantage Institute is a non-profit with a focus on literally changing the world for the
better. This is not your parents’ non-profit. We are currently involved in inventing new solutions
for the sustainably built environment as well as building tools to connect global leaders in this
space. We have a strong history of certifying green homes and commercial buildings. Now we
are leveraging that knowledge to create sophisticated tools and educational programs to further
sustainable practices globally.
What You Can Bring
You are inventive, flexible and unafraid to question the status-quo. You bring several years of
progressive experience in design. You are considered a leader in creating compelling identity
packages, advertisements and websites. You are looking for an opportunity to leave your mark on
a highly progressive organization that is driven to make positive change and holds design in very
high regard. You accept that what you see about us currently is all up for grabs and waiting for
someone with vision to reshape and reposition us to match our goals.
You will possess 5+ years of experience conceptualizing and designing for both print and web,
and experience working in a fast-paced environment. You hold strong aesthetic POV, while
retaining the ability to collaborate and cross-functionally integrate a wide range of ideas. You are
a self-starter who is highly efficient and organized. You live and breathe design and wish the
world was filled with a lot more great design.
• Collaborate with the Senior Marketing Manager (SMM) on branding projects and re-design,
including collateral materials, email newsletters, retail graphics, etc.
• Lead the redesign of the EAI brand and sub-brands
• As a key member of the marketing team, you must also be ready and willing to take on wide
variety of projects and back up the SMM as needed
• Be a vendor for producing materials for all EAI departments and occasionally outside clients
• Re-design all organizational touch-points to match the re-branding efforts.
• Create graphics and prepare files and maintain the EAI website.
• Create Web Banners/Online Ads as needed
• Participate in the design development and creation of the EPS software online platform
• Manage all social networking portals (Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter)
• Video, photography or interactive experience a plus
• Highly creative designer in identity, print and web
• HTML/CSS basic knowledge
• Must possess strong typography skills and knowledge of contemporary design.
• Must be fluent in Adobe CS5+ (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) in a Mac environment.
• Must have experience creating web graphics, wireframes and designs for whole sites.
• Advanced print production experience is essential
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, well-organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven
environment with a high level of time- and project-management skills.
• Must have an understanding of corporate branding, brand guidelines and graphics standards.
• Ability to interact and communicate clearly and confidently with internal clients to determine
their visual communication needs, present ideas, and take a project from start to finish.
• Enjoy working in a ground-breaking, fun environment.
How to Apply
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (pdf only):
• Cover letter
• At least 5 examples showing a mix of both print and web design that you led
(link to online portfolio is acceptable)
• Three professional references (can be provided upon request, if preferred).
Please Note: Incomplete submissions will be disregarded.
Submit application materials by email to: email@example.com
Please include salary requirements
Subject line should read: “Lead Designer – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
About Earth Advantage Institute (EAI)
Earth Advantage Institute is a nonprofit organization that works with the building industry to
implement sustainable and energy efficient building practices. To learn more visit our About Us
page on our website.
Earth Advantage Institute (EAI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer
competitive compensation and generous benefits packages. www.EarthAdvantage.org