| Job Description: ||
Stantec’s Atmospheric Environment group is dedicated to helping our clients manage air quality, noise, and climate change issues professionally and proactively. Our professional engineers and scientists provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation and land-use planning. We offer a full suite of services including design and permitting, monitoring programs, predictive modeling, as well as planning and policy studies. Our acoustics team specializes in environmental noise, vibration, and building acoustics.
Stantec is One Team providing Infinite Solutions.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate or Senior Acoustics, Noise and Vibration Engineer to join our team in our Markham, Burlington or Kitchener, ON office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects; including budget control, effective task delegation, client and contractor interface, final reporting etc.
- Conducting technical analysis, modeling, and measurement
- Providing direction, mentorship, and support to junior staff in areas of your expertise
- Growing the acoustics and vibration service area, including technical expertise, business development, and client support
- Minimum of 5-10 years consulting experience in building acoustics, environmental noise and vibration
- Masters or advanced degree in engineering, physics or relevant science would be an asset
- Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) in Ontario or equivalent required
- Expert in acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration including ambient/baseline sound surveys
- Familiarity and experience with the use of a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, STAMSON, etc.)
- Experience with building service noise, HVAC noise evaluation/control, building service noise/partition wall testing (FSTC, FIIC)
- Strong understanding of Ontario regulatory requirements and guidelines (MTO, MOE, REA, Municipality, etc.)
- Strengths in building acoustics, and mitigation selection and design
- Experience in dealing with industrial, transportation, and environmental noise and vibration
- Experience with wind farm noise assessments and public consultation
- Demonstrated ability to obtain new clientele
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Experience with managing medium to large projects in a consulting environment
- Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to junior staff
- A valid driver’s license is required