| Job Description: ||
Seasonal, Part-Time, At-will employee
Supervisor/Reports to: Programs Coordinator
The Farm and Forest Explorer Junior Apprentice’s primary goal is to assist in the delivery of high quality summer programs. With support from the Education Director, the Farm and Forest Explorer Junior Apprentice will work with the Program Coordinator to implement the Farm and Forest Explorer program. The Farm and Forest Explorer Apprentice works collaboratively with other staff to effectively manage the inherent risks of working on a farm, maintain our unique farm aesthetic, and teach and follow best management practices for sustainable food production. Collaboration and effective communication between the other branches of the organization are vital for this job. The ideal Farm and Forest Explorer Apprentice will be in high school or a recent graduate and will work diligently to carry out mission oriented goals and objectives.
- Assist the Program Coordinator in implementing mission-based curriculum
- Lead participants ages 10-12 through a variety of settings in educational activities such as: gardening, cooking, and caring for livestock
- Gather weekly feedback from participants
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Assist with the production of field crops
- Assist in the care of livestock
- Teaching and group leadership experience in a school, camp or other or non-traditional setting
- Farming and / or gardening experience
- Comfort around animals and working with livestock
- The ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and willing to do so in bad weather if necessary
- Access to dependable transportation to and from the farm
- In High School or recent graduate
- Must be able to pass CORI check
- First Aid and CPR training or current certification
8:00am-1:00pm(25 hours per week), beginning June 18th, 2012 through August 29th, 2012.
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly wage of $8.00 per hour
- Organic produce and flowers grown on the farm
- The opportunity to work, learn, inspire and be inspired along side dedicated staff on a beautiful organic farm for a unique local nonprofit!
Equal Opportunity Policy:
Land’s Sake is seeking to hire a staff that represents the racial and ethnic diversity of its constituents. Diversity and inclusion is an ongoing organizational practice and a core value of Land’s Sake with the goal of having culturally competent services, materials, resources and programs. Our hiring practices are informed by an appreciation of the strengths offered by differing cultures, races, religions, ethnicity's, classes, sexual orientation, physical capacities, and age groups. Land’s Sake offers benefits including medical insurance, generous vacation, access to professional development and local organic food.
Land’s Sake is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for all positions.
Please email a resume and cover letter, detailing how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to Doug@landssake.org, Deadline: May 31st, 2012.