| Job Description: ||
Seasonal, Full-Time, At-will employee
Supervisor/Reports to: Programs Coordinator
The Green Power Junior Apprentice’s primary goal is to assist in the delivery of high quality summer programs. With support from the Education Director and the Program Coordinator the Green Power Leader and Green Power Junior Apprentice will work together to implement the unique Green Power program. The Green Power Apprentice works collaboratively with other staff to effectively manage the inherent risks of working on a farm, maintain our unique farm aesthetic, teach and follow best management practices for sustainable food production. Collaboration and effective communication between the other branches of the organization are vital for this job; along with all staff, the Green Power Apprentice works diligently to carry out mission oriented goals and objectives.
- Assist the Green Power Leader in implementing mission-based curriculum
- Lead and work with participants ages 13-17 through in a variety of settings in work based educational activities including: farming, gardening, community service, cooking and caring for livestock
- Manage a group of up to 20 people safely around the farm
- Gather weekly feedback from participants
- Communicate with parents as needed
- Assist with the production of field crops
- Assist in the care of livestock
- Teaching experience in a school, camp or other or non-traditional setting
- Farming and / or gardening experience
- Experience managing livestock
- Experience supervising youth
- Group leadership experience
- The ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and willing to do so in bad weather if necessary
- Access to a car and valid driver’s license
- Recent High School graduate or one year of collegeMust be able to pass CORI check
- First Aid and CPR training or current certification
Full Time, 8:00am-4:30pm, beginning June 18th, 2012 through August 29th, 2012.
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly wage of $8.00 per hour
- Organic produce and flowers grown on the farm
- The opportunity to work, learn, inspire and be inspired along side dedicated staff on a beautiful organic farm for a uniquely diverse local nonprofit!
Equal Opportunity Policy:
Land’s Sake is seeking to hire a staff that represents the racial and ethnic diversity of its constituents. Diversity and inclusion is an ongoing organizational practice and a core value of Land’s Sake with the goal of having culturally competent services, materials, resources and programs. Our hiring practices are informed by an appreciation of the strengths offered by differing cultures, races, religions, ethnicity's, classes, sexual orientation, physical capacities, and age groups. Land’s Sake offers benefits including medical insurance, generous vacation, access to professional development and local organic food.
Land’s Sake is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for all positions.
Please email a resume and cover letter, detailing how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to Doug@landssake.org, Deadline: May 31st, 2012.