| Job Description: ||
Stantec Environmental Services has an opportunity for an Intermediate Wildlife Biologist to join our biological team in our Sidney, BC office. We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated and innovative individual that enjoys working on a diversity of projects, is an effective communicator and is committed to producing high quality work. Responsibilities:
- Design and implement various biological field survey programs regarding birds, amphibians, mammals, and plants, with an immediate focus on bird studies;
- Work in field situations, occasionally in remote locations;
- Compilation, statistical analysis, and interpretation of field data;
- Preparation of high quality technical field reports;
- Develop Environmental Impact Statements, biological monitoring plans, environmental protection plans, and project proposals; and
- Work as a team player, communicating effectively with staff.
- Minimum of 3 years of field experience with a focus on bird studies is preferable;
- Bird identification skills. Primarily songbirds by sight and/or sound, and raptors, waterfowl and other birds by sight;
- Other wildlife identification skills, although not required, are an asset. Examples include: the ability to identify amphibians by sight and/or sound, and ability to identify mammals and mammal sign (e.g., tracks);
- Experience conducting wildlife field surveys in prairie, aspen parkland, and/or boreal ecosystems;
- Ability to efficiently and effectively produce quality deliverables that meet deadlines and budget;
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; • Highly developed computer skills with Microsoft including Excel and Word at minimum; and
- Experience operating boats, all-terrain vehicles, and/or snowmobiles is an asset.