| Job Description: ||
Our Program & Project Management group pioneered independent project management in North America nearly 40 years ago, helping to define it as a distinct profession. Within the Program & Project Management practice area is our niche operational readiness consulting team that specializes in operational readiness project implementation strategy, planning and scheduling, and risk management to successfully execute complex projects. Our multi-disciplinary group comprises professionals who possess a blend of business and technical understanding that allows us to bring a unique perspective to our work and provide our clients with holistic insight and solutions. Exciting opportunities are available to join this passionate and talented group of professionals as we continue to set high standards for performance, innovation, and service. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. We help solve project challenges through the use of formal strategic and project management processes, enabled by sophisticated project and change management tools and techniques. Our professionals focus on helping our clients manage program activities, expectations, and risk throughout all stages of the project life cycle. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Working with Senior Project Managers, Construction Managers, Project Schedulers, Cost Controllers, and other Team members including the Client, the Project Planner/Scheduler will:
• Manage all activities associated with Project planning, scheduling, forecasting, monitoring and critical path analysis.
• Work with other Project team members in a multi-tasking environment and facilitate in implementing the project objectives.
• Participate in the planning process at the front-end of major Projects and assignments.
Conduct planning sessions as required.
• Participate in the development of Master and Detailed Schedule for all phases of the Project (design/engineering, approvals, procurement, construction, testing, start-up and commissioning). Monitor, analyze, and forecast on a regular basis.
• Prepare Gantt (bar) charts, look-ahead schedules, resource histograms, and other charts and S-curves.
• Produce integrated cash flow histograms and S-curves for resource loaded schedules.
• Produce Logic Diagrams and Time-scaled Logic Diagrams as required.
• Review, analyze, and monitor Contractor, Vendor, and Owner schedules for schedule compliance. Report any schedule deviations and recommend corrective actions.
• Provide input to weekly and monthly reports including narratives, schedule updates, forecasting, trending, analysis and corrective action.
• Expedite, review and approve Contractor and Vendor schedules, to ensure plans are realistic and achievable. Incorporate into Master Schedule.
• Incorporate Client milestones and schedules into the Project Schedules.
• Work with Project Managers, Design Consultants and General Contractors to develop and monitor project schedule.
• Assist in the preparation of Corporate and Project processes and procedures for developing, implementing and monitoring schedules.
• Claims review analysis and recommendations.
• Earned Value Analysis and reporting.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Degree in Project/Construction Management or Engineering, or a Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology. PMP certification is preferred.
• Minimum 10 plus years of Planning & Scheduling experience (major projects). Well-balanced experience across all sectors (industrial, commercial, institutional, government) including experience both in the office, and in the field.
• Highly motivated, self-managed, with a particular interest in planning & scheduling of major capital projects.
• Exceptional planning skills.
• Ability to work independently to plan new and unique Projects with Sr. Project Managers and Clients.
• Experience with Project Management and Project Controls principles, processes, procedures and software required.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Primavera products - specifically Primavera Project Planner (P3) versions 3.1, 5.0 or 6.0, experience working with Primavera Expedition or Contract Manager would be preferred
• Proficiency in MS Project and MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, including identification of feasible solutions in the absence of procedures or guidelines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work in a Team environment.