Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy. |
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Experience Required:||2-3 years|
|State/Province:||MN - Minnesota|
MCEA is now hiring a GIS Specialist.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in geographic information systems (GIS), geography, cartography, geology, biology, natural resources, environmental science, urban planning or related field.
- Three to four years of experience working with GIS, spatial analysis and relational database systems.
- Ability to perform spatial analysis and create maps and graphics in a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and solve problems with minimal oversight.
- Ability to manage numerous mid- and long-tem projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-GIS users and other professionals about data availability and applicability.
- Ability to work with policy and legal staff to help shape scopes of work for spatial analysis projects.
- Ability to review and assist in drafting legal agreements for spatial data use, sharing and distribution; ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of agreements.
- Knowledge of municipal, regional, state and federal GIS data and data sources.
Key software competencies required:
- ESRI ArcGIS versions 9.2 through 10.1.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design and Acrobat software for information graphics, visual communication pieces and page layouts.
- Experience with remote sensing imagery processing software such as ERDAS or IDRISI.
- Send resume and cover letter to Karen Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications due May 18